In celebration of the National Teachers’ Month observed from September…
REYES, Alvin Ringgo C.
REYES, Alvin Ringgo C.
Asst. Prof. Alvin Ringgo C. Reyes currently serves as the Chair of the Secondary Education Department of
the College of Education. Previously, he served as the Chair of the Department of Filipino of the University of Santo Tomas (2018-2021) and the Chair of the Department of Teacher Education of the College of Education (2016-2018). He is a candidate for the degree, PhD in Filipino Studies – Language, Culture, Media at the De La Salle University Manila where he also obtained his MA in Filipino Studies – Language, Culture, Media with the distinction of producing an Outstanding Master’s Thesis. He obtained his Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino Degree, Magna Cum Laude, from UST. He has authored, co-authored or served as consultant to more than 20 textbooks in Filipino covering all year levels of Junior and Senior High School. He is also a certified translator of the Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino (KWF). Currently, Asst. Prof. Reyes is also affiliated with the Research Center on Social Sciences and Education (RCSSED) and the Center for Innovative Teaching and Educational Delivery (CITED) of UST. Since 2020, he has been serving as Secretary of the National Committee on Language and Translation of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA – NCLT).
Asst. Prof. Alvin Ringgo C. Reyes, MA and Prof. Imelda…
- PhD in Araling Filipino – Wika, Kultura, Midya (candidate), De La Salle University Manila
- MA in Araling Filipino – Wika, Cultura, Midya, De La Salle University, Manila
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino, University of Santo Tomas
- Translation and translation studies
- Language education in Filipino
- Teaching of Filipino as a second language
- Introduction to Literary and Technical Translation
- Curriculum in Filipino in the Basic Education Level
- Filipino as a Second Language
- Chair, Secondary Education Department, College of Education
- Facilitator, Center for Innovative Teaching and Educational Delivery, University of Santo Tomas
- Managing Editor, Hasaan Journal
- Secretary, National Committee on Language and Translation, National Commission for Culture and the Arts
- Board Member, Pambansang Samahan sa Linggwistika at Literaturang Filipino, Inc.
- Member, Asia Pacific Association on Curriculum Studies, Inc.
- “Ang Proseso ng Pagsasalin ng Talumpating Inagural ni Pangulong Obama,” (The Process of Translation of the Inaugural Speech of President Obama), journal article, KWF Journal, 2011 (ISBN: 978-971-0197-12-5)
- Sales, D. (2019). Agni y la lluvia (A. Reyes, Trans.)
- Reyes, A. (2016). Komunikasyon at Pananaliksik sa Wika at Kulturang Pilipino. Makati City: DIWA Learning Systems, Inc.
- Reyes, A. and M. Reyes. (2016). Pagbasa at Pagsulat ng Iba’t Ibang Teksto Tungo sa Pananaliksik. Makati City: DIWA Learning Systems, Inc.
- Reyes, A. (2012). Teacher’s Guidebook for Essential Understanding 2nd Edition. Makati City: DIWA Learning Systems, Inc.