Assoc. Prof. Arthur P. Casanova, PhD of the Department of Filipino is the new Chairman of the Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino, the commission’s official Facebook page announced on December 5,…
CASANOVA, Arthur P.
CASANOVA, Arthur P.
Born in Manila, Arthur P. Casanova is a product of the Philippine Public School System. He was a consistent science scholar at the Mindanao State University in Marawi City. After finishing BSE Chemistry, he went on with his BSE Filipino degree which he finished in 1982 in the same university. He started teaching Filipino in 1980 at the College of Liberal Arts, MSU, Marawi City. While at MSU, he was a member of the Darangan Cultural Troupe, the official dance troupe of the university. In 1974, he was one of the founding members of the MSU Sining Kambayoka.
Casanova is a poet, short story writer, playwright, actor, & director. He has written 35 textbooks for high school and college. He has also published a number of anthologies of plays. He is a multi-award winner: Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Teacher (1999), National Book Award (1986 & 1987), and Aliw Awards for Best Musical Play Director, among others.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Linguistics and Literature, Philippine Normal University – Manila, Philippines, 1999
- Master of Arts in Education, with Specialization in Filipino Linguistics, Philippine Normal University – Manila, Philippines, 1992
- Bachelor of Secondary Education, major in Filipino, Mindanao State University, 1982
Courses Handled / Major Recognitions / Professional Activities
- Dula at Nobela
- Obra Maestra
- Komunikasyon sa Akademikong Filipino
- Pagbasa at Pagsulat tungo sa Pananaliksik
- 2017 Gawad Sulo for Eminent Alumni, Philippine Normal University – Manila, Philippines
- 2011 Sarimanok Award for Outstanding Alumnus in the Field of Literature and the Arts, Mindanao State University
- 1999 Metrobank Outstanding Teacher
- President, Metrobank Foundation Network of Outstanding Teachers and Educators (2011-2012)
- Member, Aliw Awards Foundation (2013-2017)
- Member, International Theatre Institute (2000-2017)
- Casanova, A.P. (2011). Isahan, Kalipunan ng mga Dramatikong Monolo. Mandaluyong: Anvil Publishing House.
- Casanova, A.P. (2011). Klasrum Drama. Mandaluyong: Anvil Publishing House.
- Casanova, A.P. (2011). Mga Kuwentong-bayang ng Katimugang Pilipinas. Mandaluyong: Anvil Publishing House.
- Esteban, R., Casanova, A.P., and Esteban, I. (2011). Folktales of Southern Philippines. Mandaluyong: Anvil Publishing House.
- Director, “Mangsing-irog,” presented by the students of Fil 109 & Fil 110. Scripts written by Genoveva matute & Arthur P. Casanova.
- Director, “Aliw-iw,” a poetry reading of poems written by Filipino poets; interpreted by the students of Panulaan course.