Ronaldo Cabauatan is currently connected with the College of Commerce and Business Administration of the University of Santo Tomas. He finished his MA in Economics in UST in 2005 and BS in Economics in PUP in 2001. He also completed his Ph.D. Economics in the UST Graduate School. He has been connected with the Research Center for Social Sciences and Education.
Dr. Cabauatan served as an Industry Roadmap consultant for the Department of Trade and Industry – Board of Investment from April 2012 to December 2012. He also taught in Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila as an Instructor from 2004 to 2006. He also served as Japanese consul staff in the Embassy of Japan from April 2005 to May 2005.
His previous researches were concentrated on the following:
- Effects of Population, Inflation, and Unemployment on Education
- Textile and Garment Industry in the Philippines
- Effects of Financial Globalization in the Philippines: An Empirical Analysis
- Price and Money Supply in the Philippines: A Causality Analysis
- The Philippine Steel Industry: Its Performance, Determinants, Contribution to the Economy and Prospect
- The Extent of Macro-Economic Indicator Affecting the Philippine National Budget
- Agricultural Production per Male Agricultural Worker
- Financial Analysis on Smart Communication, Inc. and Subsidiaries
His specializations are Financial Economics; Econometrics (SPSS, Eviews); Public Sector Economics; International Economics; Monetary Economics; Mathematical Economics; and International Financial Institutions.