The University of Santo Tomas formally opened the Academic Year…
ESTRADA, Cristine Jin D.S.
ESTRADA, Cristine Jin D.S.
Cristine Jin D.S. Estrada received her BSc in Electronics Engineering with Latin honors (Cum Laude) from the University of Santo Tomas (UST) in 2015 and joined UST as a faculty member in the same year. Currently, she is on study leave and is now a PhD candidate in Electronic and Computer Engineering at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), where she also received her MPhil in the same program with a Nanotechnology concentration. During her MPhil, she developed the first compact model for the current-assisted photonic demodulator (CAPD), a time-of-flight (ToF) CMOS image sensor, which can enable ToF circuit designers to simulate their whole pixel design, including the peripherals. Consequently, she was awarded the best student paper for the same work in the IEEE Student Symposium on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (s-EDSSC) held in Hong Kong in 2020.
Cristine also received the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), a highly competitive and prestigious award from the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong wherein only 250 candidates all over the world are selected, highlighting the recipient’s academic excellence, research ability, and potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership skills. Being an HKPFS holder, HKUST also awarded her the Excellent Research Award. Currently, she is a key member of the emerging device and system group in HKUST where her research involves two-dimensional (2D) materials-based devices and circuits, complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) circuits, and sensors, nano-devices fabrication and processing, and device modeling.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electronic and Computer Engineering (ongoing), The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Master of Philosophy in Electronic and Computer Engineering with Nanotechnology Concentration, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – Hong Kong, 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2015
- Compact Modeling of Current-Assisted Photonic Demodulator (CAPD) for Time-of-Flight CMOS Image Sensor – MPhil thesis defended which led to journal publication in IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices
- Currently working on the emerging field of two-dimensional (2-D) materials-based devices and circuits
- Two-dimensional (2-D) materials-based devices and circuits
- Semiconductor electronic and photonic devices
- CMOS image sensors
- Microprocessor Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Discrete Mathematics
- Digital Communication Systems
- Best Paper Award in 2021 IEEE 51st European Solid-State Device Research Conference (ESSDERC)
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) Awardee
- HKUST Excellent Research Awardee
- Best Student Paper Award in 2020 IEEE Student Symposium on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (s-EDSSC)
- Cum Laude (BSc ECE, 2015)
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Reviewer for IEEE Journal of the Electron Devices Society (since 2019)
- C. J. Estrada, Z. Ma and M. Chan, “Complementary Two-Dimensional (2-D) FET Technology With MoS2/hBN/Graphene Stack,” in IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1890-1893, Dec. 2021, doi: 10.1109/LED.2021.3124823.
- C. J. Estrada, Z. Ma and M. Chan, “Complementary Two-Dimensional (2-D) MoS2 FET Technology,” ESSDERC 2021 – IEEE 51st European Solid-State Device Research Conference (ESSDERC), 2021, pp. 219-222, doi: 10.1109/ESSDERC53440.2021.9631795.
- C. J. Estrada, Y. Xiao, C. Xu and M. Chan, “Physical Model of Current-Assisted Photonic Demodulator (CAPD) for Time-of-Flight CMOS Image Sensor,” in IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 2825-2830, July 2020, doi: 10.1109/TED.2020.2995349.
- C. J. Estrada, Y. Xiao and M. Chan, “Design Considerations for Current-Assisted Photonic Demodulator (CAPD) in Time-of-Flight CMOS Image Sensor,” 2020 International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA), Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2020, pp. 54-55, doi: 10.1109/VLSI-TSA48913.2020.9203590.
- C. J. Estrada, C. Xu and M. Chan, “Design of Current-Assisted Photonic Demodulator (CAPD) for Time-of-Flight CMOS Image Sensor,” 2019 IEEE 13th International Conference on ASIC (ASICON), Chongqing, China, 2019, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ASICON47005.2019.8983514.