Assoc. Prof. Maria Ruth B. Pineda-Cortel, PhD is the country’s
PINEDA-CORTEL, Maria Ruth B.
PINEDA-CORTEL, Maria Ruth B.
Bunag of MedTech awarded Best Oral Presenter in ASEAN Emerging Researches conference for gestational diabetes mellitus screening test
Mr. Jose Angelo Bunag, a faculty member of the Department
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Biological Sciences, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Master of Science in Medical Technology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Gene expression analysis of patients with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Bioassay activities of selected Philippine endemic plants (Artocarpus blancoi and Glochidion sp.)
- Gestational Diabetes mellitus
- Dengue and Malaria
- Climate Change
- Gawad Pananaliksik (Outstanding Performance in Research) , University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Pharmacy – 2016
- Crisanto Almario Research Award – Most Outstanding Researcher in the field of Medical Technology, Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc. – 2015
- Laboratory Coordinator, Department of Medical Technology – University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Pharmacy
- Board Member, Philippine Council for Health Research and Development Scholars Society
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Member, Philippine Association of Medical Technologists – Pool of Experts
- Member, Philippine Association of Schools of Medical Technology
- Asuncion, V., Santiago, L., & Pineda-Cortel, M. (2015). Hypoglycemic effect of Glochidion cagayanense on streptozotocin induced diabetes Sprague Dawley Rats. Journal of Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc.
- Tan, C., Dakis, M., delos Reyes, C., Langcamon, S., Magdamit, D., Tiburcio, M., & Pineda-Cortel, M. (2015). Adiponectin as a biomarker of type 2 diabetes mellitus. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5, 7.
- Pabalan, N. Pineda, M., Jarjanazi, H., Christofolini, D., Barbosa, C., & Bianco, B. (2014). Association of the +331G/A progesterone receptor gene (PgR) polymorphism with risk of endometrial cancer in Caucasian women: a meta-analysis. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Pabalan, N., Singh, N., Pineda, M., & Jarjanazi, H. (2014). Meta-analysis of the Association Between PTPN11 G/A Polymorphism at Intron 3 with Risk of Gastric Atrophy Among East Asians. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer.
- Pineda, M. & de la Calzada, G. (2013). Effect of Philippine Red Allium cepa Lin. (Sibuyas na Pula) on Serum LDL-Cholesterol Level. International Journal of Medical and Biomedical Sciences, 1, 3, 014-020.
- Pineda, M. & Ramos, J. (2012). Ascaris suum infective eggs upregulate IL-4, 5 and 10 in BALB/c mice. Philippine Science Letters, 5, 2.
- Pineda, M., & Ramos, J. (2012). Comparative Immunomodulatory Activity of Ascaris suum and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus extract in BALB/c mice: cytokine and immunoglobulin regulations. Journal of Allergy and Therapy, 3,2.