Engr. Angelito A. Silverio, PhD led his colleagues in the…
NGO, Joehanna K.
NGO, Joehanna K.
Joehanna K. Ngo is an ASEAN Engineer, Professional Industrial Engineer (PIE), founding member of the Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineers, associate professor, practitioner, and a former administrator. Her 30 years of active and intensive involvement in the University of Santo Tomas (UST) include her being one of the prime movers in the successful implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM) which earned the university the Philippine Quality Award (PQA) Level 2 recognition for proficiency in quality management. The revision in the customer feedback mechanism: Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS), saw its completion during her term as the Executive Assistant at the Office for Planning Quality Management (OPQM). This feedback instrument served as the focal point in ensuring the voices of the primary stakeholders are heard and issues addressed. Her involvement as a Committee Member for the 7th QS APPLE (Asia Pacific Professional league of Educators) Conference brought in at least 220 international delegates from 22 countries and 350 local delegates to the conference. Her past appointment as the Director for Quality Management Office (QMO) and the University Quality Management Representative (QMR) earmarked a successful UST-ISO 9001: 2015 Certification by TUV SUD Philippines, Inc. as well as earned the University as the 1st recipient of the QS 4-STARs award in the country. She served as the coordinator and co-implementer of UST on the Manufacturing Productivity Extension (MPEX) Program for Export Industry Modernization Projects of TAPI-DOST. It was during her term as the department chair that the Commission for Higher Education & Development (CHED) accorded recognition to the department as a Center for Development (COD) as well as earned for the Industrial Engineering Department an international accreditation by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Joehanna Ngo earned her Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering at UST in March 1981. She received her Master’s degree in Industrial engineering from the University of the Philippines – Diliman and Ph.D. in Commerce at the University of Santo Tomas. She currently heads the Industrial Engineering Department of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Santo Tomas.
The Department of Industrial Engineering recently inked an agreement with…
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Commerce, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of the Philippines Diliman – Quezon City, Philippines
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Effects of Social Media on Students’ Academic Performance
- This research aimed to study the relationship of Social Media with the Academic Performance of the student of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Santo Tomas.
- The study focused on what social media platforms are most used by the students and how these platforms are influencing their daily activities.
- It also investigated how much time the students spend on their social media platforms and the amount of time they spend on finishing their academic responsibilities.
- Maximizing Customer Satisfaction Among Private Tertiary Hospitals
- The research focused in to maximize customer satisfaction by applying Quality Function Deployment (QFD) as part of the general management of a specific private tertiary hospital in the Philippines.
- Factors such as the equipment of the hospital is well maintained (15.22%), atmosphere and cleanliness (15.56%), and the number of professionals attending the patients (13.33%) garnered the lowest ratings that the subject private tertiary hospital needs to address.
- Into the Spectrum of Leading ASEAN Universities and its Researchers: Its Characteristics and Practices
- The study looked into how research productivity in the Philippine HEIs can be strengthened
- The research studied the characteristics of 35 productive researchers from six (6) universities of five (5) countries which belong in the 2016 leading 500 Southeast Asian universities
- Analysis of data used statistical correlation particularly Partial Least Squares Regression to establish the degree of relationship between the dependent and independent variables
- Findings showed that age, number of dependents, highest educational attainment, the country where highest educational attainment was earned, when was the highest degree earned, academic rank, average teaching hours if holding an academic position, number of years teaching, average research hours, confidence in publishing, length of research experience, and research productivity are significant predictors.
- Work Productivity
- Process Improvement
- Quality Engineering
- Engineering Education
- Industrial Organization and Management
- Work Study
- Undergraduate Research
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Industry Immersion
- Seminars and Fieldtrip
- Professional Industrial Engineer
- ASEAN Engineer
- Most Outstanding Professor for Department of Industrial Engineering – UST Engineering Student Council 2021
- Extra Mile Award – UST Office of the Rector, 2014
- Achievement Category Awardee – UST Faculty of Engineering, 2014
- Chair – Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Engineering (2019 – Present)
- Board of Trustee – Philippine Technological Council – Women Engineers Network (2021 – present)
- Board of Trustee – Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineers (2019-present)
- Founding Member – Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Director – UST Quality Management Office (2013-2018)
- University Quality Management Representative – UST ISO (April 2013 – 2018)
- Executive Assistant – Office for Planning and Quality Management (2007-2012)
- Technical Group Member – UST TQM (June 2003 – 2006)
- J. Ngo, H. Del Rosario, D. Pangan, M. Villadelrey, “An Analysis on the Effects of Social Media on Students’ Academic Performance: The Case of Selected Students of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Santo Tomas”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1529 (2020) 032051, DOI: 0.1088/1742-6596/1529/3/032051
- M. Chang, J. Razon, T. Torres, C. Marquez, J. Ngo, “Maximizing Customer Satisfaction among Private Tertiary Hospitals: A Case Study using Quality Function Deployment”, Joint Conference of the Asian Council on Ergonomics and Design and the Southeast Asian Network of Ergonomics Societies, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-63335-6_14, December 2020
- J. Ngo, J. Arma, M. Bautista, Z. Reyes, J. Sabio, “A Comparative Study between Commercially Available Type 1 Plywood and Plymer, a HDPE and Pineapple Leaves Composite”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1529 (2020) 032047, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1529/3/032047
- J. Ngo, G. Leyva, S. Mariano, S. Pingol, R. Ramirez , “Determining The Effectiveness of Neem and Papaya Leaves As Mosquito Repellent Coil”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1529 (2020) 032052, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1529/3/032052
- J. Ngo, C. Lugay, M. Calara, F. dela Pena, “Into the Spectrum of Leading ASEAN Universities and its Researchers: Its Characteristics and Practices”, Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol 15 No. 2 (2018)