Prof. Marilu R. Madrunio, PhD, DFAMS, Dean of the Graduate…
MADRUNIO, Marilu R.
MADRUNIO, Marilu R.
A total of 35 faculty members of the University of…
- Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Linguistics, (With High Distinction), De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2003
- Master of Arts in English, (Summa cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts in English, College of the Holy Spirit – Manila, Philippines, 1982
- Certificate in Forensic Linguistic Analysis, International Association of Forensic Linguistics, 2012
- Certificate in Leadership Development, Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute – Graduate School of Organization Development – Quezon City, Philippines, 2018
- Licensure Examinations for Teachers Passer, 2013 (converted from PBET)
- Professional Board Examination for Teachers Passer, 1984
- Career Service Professional Examination Passer, 1982
- Career Service Sub-Professional Examination Passer, 1981
- Pioneered Forensic Linguistics research in the Philippines
- One of the early researchers of Asian Englishes in the Philippines
- Forensic Linguistics
- Asian Englishes / Philippine English
- Contrastive Rhetoric
- Second Language Writing
- Discourse Analysis
- Forensic Linguistics
- Contrastive Rhetoric / Intercultural Rhetoric
- Multilingualism and Multilingual Education
- Contemporary Issues in Language Teaching
- Structure of English
- Advanced Academic Writing
- Varieties of English
- Teaching Reading and Writing
- Introduction to the English Language System
- Introduction to Language, Society, and Culture
- Introduction to College English
- Academic Writing
- Oral Communication in Context
- College Freshman English
- Developmental Reading
- Expository Writing
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to Literary Types and Forms
- Philippine Literature
- Asian Drama
- Continental Drama
- Fr. Valentin Marin, O.P. Professorial Chair in Mass Communications, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Arts and Letters
- Philippine Representative, Summit of Leaders in TESOL Profession in Athens, Greece (Grant awarded by the United States Department of State), 2017
- Philippine Representative, ASEAN Integration Forum on English in Universiti Brunei Darrusalam (Grant awarded by the East-West Center – Hawaii), 2015
- Br. Andrew Gonzalez, FSC Distinguished Professorial Chair in Linguistics and Language Education, Linguistic Society of the Philippines, 2013
- Philippine Representative, EFL Foreign Educators Program in Georgetown University, Washington D.C., USA (Grant awarded by the United States Department of State), 2010
- Research Silver Series Awardee, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Dean, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Arts and Letters (2019-present)
- Dean, University of Santo Tomas – Graduate School (2013-2019)
- Chair, University of Santo Tomas – Department of English (2010-2012); Department of Languages (2006-2010)
- Program Lead, Languages Cluster, University of Santo Tomas – Graduate School (2013-2019)
- Discipline Consultant, Languages Cluster, University of Santo Tomas – Graduate School (2006-2012)
- Member, Technical Committee for English Language, Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Member, Regional Quality Assessment Team (RQAT), Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Trainer/Resource Speaker on Legal English, Philippine Judicial Academy (PHILJA), Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Reviewer, ELTWO (ELT World Online), Centre for English Language Communication, National University of Singapore
- Reviewer, Articles for CHED Travel Grants
- Reviewer, Articles for DARE Grants, Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE)
- Examiner, Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BSFE), Department of Foreign Affairs
- External Examiner of PhD Dissertations, De La Salle University-Manila; Ateneo de Manila University; University of St. La Salle – Bacolod; Philippine Normal University
- Member, Editorial Board, SULO, The Faculty Research Journal of De La Salle – Araneta University
- Member, Board of Trustees, Foundation for Upgrading the Standard of Education (FUSE)
- Member, Board of Advisers, Linguistic Society of the Philippines
- Member, Dean’s Council, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Arts and Letters (2010-2013)
- Chair, University-wide Committee for English, University of Santo Tomas (2004-2005)
- Member, University-wide Committee for English, University of Santo Tomas (2005-2006)
- Chair, Department of Languages, Literature, and Philosophy – University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Arts and Letters (2003-2006)
- Coordinator for Languages, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Arts and Letters (1994-1996, 1997-1999, 2001-2003)
- Barrios-Arnuco, A., Ballesteros-Lintao, R., Miranda-Plata, S. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2018). Developing classroom assessment literacy of pre-service English teachers in the Philippines: Prospects and challenges. In M. Subhan Zein and R. Stroupe (Eds.) English for ASEAN integration: Challenges and prospects for teacher preparation. Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Ballesteros-Lintao, R. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2017). Using a holistic and user-centered design in simplifying a Philippine consumer contract, CLARITY 74, 37-41.
- Cabañas, A.L. & M. (2020). ‘What’s in my medicine?’ Evaluating the readability and comprehensibility of patient information leaflets of selected Philippine nonprescription drugs. Asian Journal of English Language Studies, 8, 189-219.
- Madrunio, M. (2020). Move structure and terms of agreement reflecting legal value in memoranda of agreement on academic partnerships. Philippine Journal of Linguistics, 51, 87-113.
- Querol, M. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2020). Characterizing the language features and rhetorical moves of argumentative essays written by Filipino ESL senior high school writers. MODERN JOURNAL OF STUDIES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING AND LITERATURE, X (X).
- Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2020). Post-lockdown language classes: Quo vadis?, 1-4. THE ANTONINUS JOURNAL, 6. The Multidisciplinary Journal of the UST Graduate School, University of Santo Tomas.
- Dacumos, S. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2018). A closer look at the comprehensibility of Philippine product warnings, 1-13. THE ANTONINUS JOURNAL, The Multidisciplinary Journal of the UST Graduate School. University of Santo Tomas.
- Rañosa-Madrunio, M. & Pefianco-Martin, I. (2018). Purposive Communication: Using English in Multilingual Contexts. C&E Publishing.
- Asuncion, Z. S. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2017). Domains of language use among Gaddang speakers in Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines. PHILIPPINE JOURNAL OF LINGUISTICS, 48, 1-29. De La Salle University-Manila.
- Dacumos, S. & Rañosa-Madrunio, M. (2017). Lexico-syntactical features of beauty-product warnings in the Philippines, ASIAN JOURNAL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE STUDIES, 5, 49-70.
Latest Paper Presentations
Latest Paper Presentations
- Lexical and syntactic features of suicide notes written in English and Filipino, presented at the 2nd Asian Regional Conference of the International Association of Forensic Linguistics (IAFL), University of Santo Tomas, 7-9 July 2016
- Narrative structure analysis of judicial affidavits of selected Filipino witnesses, presented at the 2nd Asian Regional Conference of the International Association of Forensic Linguistics (IAFL), University of Santo Tomas, 7-9 July 2016