The University of Santo Tomas formally opened the Academic Year…
CHUA, Mariz A.
CHUA, Mariz A.
Mariz Chua graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Santo Tomas in 2011. Currently, she is pursuing a combined Masteral and Doctoral Degree in Electrical Engineering at Hanyang University in Seoul, South Korea. During her studies, she has been working as a research assistant on different projects granted by the Korean government. She also serves as a teaching assistant. She has published notable journal papers in high-impact factor journals. She has also been a speaker at international conferences. Her research interests are Electric Vehicles, Renewable Energy, Big Data, and Markov Chain.
- Combined Master and Doctors Degree in Electrical Engineering (In-Progress), Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2011
- Forecasting of Electric Vehicle Charging Demand using Big Data Tools
- An EV charging demand forecasting model with big data technologies is proposed.
- The forecasting model uses historical real-world traffic data and weather data.
- A time-spatial EV charging-power demand forecast model in urban areas is proposed.
- A Markov-chain traffic modeling is used with an actual urban road network.
- Forecasting of Solar PV Power
- Big data tools are used in forecasting solar PV power.
- Different weather data are used to formulate the solar PV power forecasting model.
- Managing Power Flow
- Combination of models in forecasting solar PV power, forecasting load power, and determining battery capacity of the ESS are presented to improve the overall quality of the power flow management of a grid-connected solar PV system.
- Distributed Generation
- Electric Vehicle/Locomotives
- Alternative, Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Electric Circuits 1
- Electric Circuits 2
- Electrical Machines 1
- Engineering Data Analysis
- Research Methods
- Research Project 1
- Research Project 2
- Electric Circuits 1 Laboratory
- Member, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. (IIEE)
- M. B. Arias, S. Bae, “Solar Photovoltaic Power Prediction Using Big Data Tools”, Sustainability, vol. 13, pp. 13685, Dec. 2021.
- M. B. Arias, S. Bae, “Design models for power flow management of a grid-connected solar photovoltaic system with energy storage system”, Energies, vol. 13, pp. 2137, Apr. 2020.
- M. B. Arias, M. Kim, S. Bae, “Prediction of electric vehicle charging-power demand in realistic urban traffic networks”, Applied Energy, vol. 195, pp. 738-753, June 2017.
- M. B. Arias, S. Bae, “Electric vehicle charging demand forecasting model based on big data technologies”, Applied Energy, vol. 183, pp. 327-339, Dec. 2016.