On July 30, 2019, the College of Rehabilitation Sciences, through…
BERMEJO, Charles T.
BERMEJO, Charles T.
University of Santo Tomas SIMBAHAYAN Community Development Office Director and…
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Registered Occupational Therapist, Republic of the Philippines
- Registered with the National Certification Board for Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- His first project on Disability-Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Management was the revision of the UST NSTP DRRM Module to make it disability, a series of undergraduate and graduate research projects from 2015-2019. It is now currently being implemented by the service learning unit. Some of the researches in this project were presented in local and international fora.
- He also worked on 2 projects in 2019. One was with the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, which helped build a community resilience plan with focus on children in Pugad Island, Hagonoy, Bulacan. The other project was assisting Sitio Galilee in Antipolo to promote disability-child friendly spaces during emergencies.
- He is currently working on a project with Save the Children Philippines in promoting childhood disability prevention. He also leads an undergraduate study on the use of Facebook Social Support groups to aid coping and stress among caregivers of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Disability inclusion
- Disaster risk reduction and management
- Welfare of children with disabilities and their families
- Advanced Assessment in Occupational Therapy
- Advanced Occupational Therapy Theoretical Foundations
- Research-Based Special Project
- Applied Kinesiology
- Clinical Education
- Foundations in Occupational Therapy
- General Physiology
- Health Care
- Human Development
- Occupational Therapy: Evaluation in Physical Dysfunction
- Occupational Therapy: Evaluation in Psychosocial Dysfunction
- Therapeutic Approaches in Occupational Therapy
- Therapeutic Skills in Occupational Therapy
- Program Director, Partners for Kids Development, Inc.
- Member, Philippine Academy of Occupational Therapy
- Internship Supervisor, UST Department of Occupational Therapy (2015-2016)
- Co-Adviser, UST Occupational Therapy Society (2018-present)
- Ongtangco, K.S., Abenir, M.A.D., Bermejo, C.T., Shih, E.D.C., Wales, J.V.O., & Plaza, J. (2016). Perspectives of the UST NSTP facilitators on disability and disaster risk reduction and management: A qualitative case study. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 16, 134-141.