ASIONES, Noel G.
ASIONES, Noel G.
Prof. Noel Asiones earned his Ph.D. in Theology and M.A. in Psychology from the University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, in 2005 and 1999 respectively. He teaches fundamental college Theology with the Institute of Religion and is a researcher at the Research Centre for Cultural, Social and Educational Issues. His field of interests includes religion and youth, organizational assessment and evaluation, and church and society. He has done commissioned and national research projects for the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines-Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) and the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines. As one of its co-authors, his most current published research for the CBCP-ECY is titled “The National Filipino Catholic Youth Survey 2014.”
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Theology (Magna cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines (2005)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (Magna cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines (1999)
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines (1983)
Dr. Asiones has done commissioned and national research projects for the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines-Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) and the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines., The Union of Catholic Church-Based Cooperatives, and , most recently , the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro.
He is affiliated to various professional and academic organizations and groups such as the National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP), the DAKATEO Philippines and Center for Empirical Studies in Spirituality, Theology and Religion-Asia.
- Youth and Religion
- Responsible Parenthood and Natural Family Planning Program
- Organizational Assessment and Capacity Building
- The Christian Vision of the Human Person
- The Christian Vision of Marriage and Family
- Consultant, Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth
- Editorial Board Member, Journal for Rural and Community Development; Scientia – San Beda; Sciedu Press Humanities and Social Science Research
- Asiones, N.G. (2020). Placemaking Cooperation Among Cooperatives: The Case of the Union of the Church-Based Co-operatives of the Philippines. Journal of Rural and Community Development, 15(3), 65-78.
- Asiones, N.G. (2017). The Task and Ministry of Peacemaking in Mindanao: Understanding a Peacemaker’s Recipe for Peace. Scientia, VIII(1), 109-122.
- Meeting the Felt-Need of Married Couples: The Case of a Diocesan Family Planning Program. Sciedu Press, 4(2).
- Asiones, N.G. (2017). Seek and You will Find: Understanding a Trans-Parochial Charismatic Community
Scientia San Beda, 7(1).
- Asiones, N.G. (2017). A Critical Review of Eight Highly-Rated Books on Moral Theology: Finding a Common Ground For an Ethics Education Program Scientia San Beda, 7(2).