Asst. Prof. Maria Carinnes P. Alejandria, PhD of the Department…
ALEJANDRIA, Maria Carinnes P.
ALEJANDRIA, Maria Carinnes P.
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Anthropology, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 2019
- MAEDSS, Palawan State University – Palawan, Philippines, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, major in Anthropology and Political Science, University of the Philippines – Baguio, Baguio City, Mountain Province, Philippines, 2004
- Initiated studies on food insecurity and resilience among urban poor Filipinos
- Initiated studies on health access behavior among urban poor Filipinos living with tuberculosis
- Food Security
- Health Vulnerability
- Disaster Resilience
- Social Gerontology
- Graduate Workshop Fellow, National University of Singapore-Asia Research Institute, 2007
- Fellow, Brown International Advanced Research Institute, 2014
- Winner, Brown International Advanced Research Institute Seed Grant, 2015
- Winner, Philippine Studies Group Graduate Student Prize, 2016
- Winner, Association for Asian Studies LDC Grant, 2017
- Awardee, Rising Voices of Southeast Asia, 2018
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Social Health
- Member, Association for Asian Studies
- Member, American Anthropological Association
- Member, Ugnayang Pang-Aghamtao
- De Vergara, T.I., Alejandria, M.C. & Lustañas, B. (2020). Review: Iloilo’s Balut Industry (Philippines) – An exploration of the environment, social organizations, and consumer demands. Asian Journal of Agriculture, 4(2), 41-51. https://www.doi.org/10.13057/asianjagric/g04020
- Gonzalez, M. C. (2016). Cultural Development in the Philippines: An Analysis of Challenges and Orientations. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, Volume 17, Issue 4, pp. 496-515.
- Gonzalez, M. C. (2013). Positibo: Achieving Well-Being Among Young People Living with HIV in Cebu. Aghamtao, Volume 22: 22-45.
- Alejandria, M. C. (2009). Pala’wan Customary Laws: Conflict Resolution in the Context of Legal Pluralism. Palawan State University Journal, Volume 1: 15-25.
- Alejandria, M.C. (2008). The Syncretic Policy: Transformations in the Political Action Repertoire of MNLF Returnees in Palawan. Aghamtao, Volume 17: 29-45
Books / Book Chapters
- Gonzalez, M. C. (2018). Food Insecurity and Resilience in Manila Slum:Hunger and Poverty among the Elderly. In S. Ghosh, M. C. Gonzalez, & N. Sacco, Aging and Development in the Global South: Challenges and Vulnerability. Lanham: Lexington Books
- Alejandria, M. C. (2008). Veiled Political Realities: The Case of Muslim Women in Palawan. In B. T. (Ed), The Moro Reader. Quezon: Center for People Empowerment and Governance.
- De Jesus, A., Calimag, M., Gonzalez, M. C., & Rey, F. (2012, December). National and Local Policies Related to HIV-AIDS and Drug Use: Content Review and Assessment. Retrieved from United Nations Development Program Philippines.
- De Jesus, A., Calimag, M., Gonzalez, M. C., & Rey, F. (2012, December). Unsafe Injecting Drug Use, a Growing Source of HIV Transmission in the Philippines: Implications to Policy. Retrieved from United Nations Development Program Philippines.