With the theme “Gurong May Dignidad, Turong May Kalidad” (A Teacher with Dignity, Teaching with Quality), the 18th Dangal ng UST (Honor of UST) Awards recognized the faculty members who…
VARGAS, Revenendo R.
VARGAS, Revenendo R.
Academic Qualifications / Research Highlights / Research Interests
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2018
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Ateneo de Manila University – Quezon City, Philippines, 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Cum Laude), Saint Columban’s College – Pangasinan, Philippines, 1989
- Publications on the topics: Marriage, Love and Gender
Courses Handled / Major Recognitions / Professional Activities
- Member, European Society for the Study of Science and Theology, 2018-2020
- Lifetime Member, Association for the Scientific Study of Religion
- Chair, UST Faculty Union CBA 2016-2021 Negotiating Panel
- Director, UST Faculty Union (2010-2020)
- Vargas, Revenendo. “Love and Consent in the Sacrament of Matrimony: A Moral-Theological Approach” The Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion & Philosophy 2020 Official Conference Proceedings (March 2020). Available at http://papers.iafor.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/acerp2020/ACERP2020_55679.pdf
- Vargas, Revenendo. “The Gender Issue: Sexual Liberation or ‘Hardness of the Hearts’?” Journal of Faith Education and Community(2019).
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/revenendo-vargas/1/
- Vargas, Revenendo. “The ‘Good of the Human Person’ as Emerging End of Marriage: A Re-interpretation of Gen. 2:18-25” Philippiniana Sacra, vol. LIV, No. 162 (May-August 2019).
- Vargas, R. R. (2018). Kabiyak ng Puso: An Inculturated Approach to Genesis’ Creation of the Woman. IAFOR Journal of Ethics, Religion & Philosophy, 4(1). https://doi.org/10.22492/ijerp.4.1.01
- Vargas, Revenendo. “Covid-19 & Quarantine: Online Teaching Considerations Amidst Pandemic.” Www.Catholicethics.Com, Catholic Ethics, 1 July 2020, catholicethics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Covid-19-Pandemic-1.pdf.
- Vargas, Revenendo. “A Review on the Validity of ‘Confession as a Sacrament’ During the Covid-19 Quarantine.” Www.Catholicethics.Com, Catholic Ethics, 1 July 2020, catholicethics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Covid-19-Pandemic-1.pdf.