On June 1, 2022 (Wednesday), the Association of Tourism Officers…
SERRANO, Kanny Krizzy D.
SERRANO, Kanny Krizzy D.
Kanny Krizzy D. Serrano received her Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering (BSc ECE) with Latin honors from the University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines in 2010. She finished the degree of Master of Science in Electronics Engineering (MS ECE, with Thesis) from the De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines in 2013. Asst. Prof. Serrano has served the ECE Department as Laboratory Supervisor from 2017 to 2020. She is also an active member of the Institute of Electronics Engineers in the Philippines (IECEP) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). She has also served as an officer in IEEE-Philippines for three years. She is currently a resident researcher in the Research Center for the Natural and Applied Sciences, and an associate member of the National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP). She has presented and published research papers at international conferences which cover the research areas of robotics and automation, and computational intelligence.
- Master of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Design and Development of a Low Cost Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) with Fuzzy Logic-based Controller
- Machine Learning-based Controller for Safe Collaborative Robots
- Embedded Systems
- Robotics and Automation
- Computational Intelligenc
- COMP512: Embedded Systems and Automation
- ECE21121: Microcomputer Systems and Design
- ECE21121L: Microcomputer Systems and Design Laboratory
- ECE21117: Switching Circuits and Logic Design
- ECE21117L: Switching Circuits and Logic Design
- ECE21110L: Advanced Engineering Mathematics Laboratory
- ECE21124: Methods of Research
- ECE21126: Research Proposal
- ECE21130: Project Design 1
- ECE21135: Project Design 2
- ECE21127: ECE Practicum 1
- ECE21134: ECE Practicum 3
- Department of Science and Technology (DOST) – Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) 2nd Congress 2013, Best Paper Award under Manufacturing and Machinery R&D Track
- Postgraduate Scholarship (MS ECE) from the Department of Science and Technology Engineering Research and Development for Technology (DOST ERDT, 2012 to 2013)
- Electronics Engineering Licensure Exam, Rating of 95.10, 2011
- Cum Laude, BS ECE, University of Santo Tomas, 2010
- Laboratory Supervisor, Electronics Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Santo Tomas, August 2017 to July 2020, August 2021 to July 2022
- Co-coordinator, Engineering Pre-Major Year Collaborative (EPYC) Program, Faculty of Engineering, University of Santo Tomas, August 2021 to July 2022
- Judge, IEEE Region 10 SAC Undergraduate Project Video Contest, 2021
- Professional Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Republic of Philippine Section (PS) and IEEE Education Society (EdSoc)
- Professional Member, Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines (IECEP)
- Associate Member, Division VII (Information and Communications Technology) – National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
- Reviewer, IEEE Region 10 Conference Committee (TENCON), IEEE Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management Conference Committee (HNICEM)
- KKA David, RR Vicerra, AA Bandala, LAG Lim, and EP Dadios, “Unmanned underwater vehicle navigation and collision avoidance using fuzzy logic”, 2013 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration (SII), 2013, p.126-131, doi: 10.1109/SII.2013.6776715.
- RRP Vicerra, KKA David, AR dela Cruz, EA Roxas, KBC Simbulan, “A multiple level MIMO fuzzy logic based intelligence for multiple agent cooperative robot system” TENCON 2015-2015 IEEE Region 10 Conference, 2015, p.1-7, doi: 10.1109/TENCON.2015.7372985.
- JPC Tuazon, KGV Prado, NJA Cabial, RL Enriquez, FLC Rivera, KKD Serrano, “An improved collision avoidance scheme using Artificial Potential Field with fuzzy logic” 2016 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), 2016, p.291-296, doi: 10.1109/TENCON.2016.7848009.
- L. Z. Ruiz, R. P. V. Alomia, A. D. Q. Dantis, M. J. S. San Diego, C. F. Tindugan and K. K. D. Serrano, “Human emotion detection through facial expressions for commercial analysis,” 2017IEEE 9th International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM), 2017, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/HNICEM.2017.8269512.
- EP Beltran, AAS Diwa, BTB Gales, CE Perez, CAA Saguisag, KKD Serrano, “Fuzzy Logic-based Risk Estimation for Safe Collaborative Robots”, 2018 IEEE 10th International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM), 2018, p1-5, doi: 10.1109/HNICEM.2018.8666421.
- RRA Corpin, HA Guingab, ANP Manalo, MLB Sampana, AN Abello, AR dela Cruz, EA Roxas, CG Suarez, KKD Serrano, “Prediction of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (DPN) using Plantar Pressure Analysis and Learning Models,” 2019 IEEE 11th International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment, and Management ( HNICEM ), 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/HNICEM48295.2019.9072889.