Biology faculty members were sworn in as officers and members…
RIMANDO, Marilyn G.
RIMANDO, Marilyn G.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Molecular Medicine – National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan, 2017
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences – University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1998
- Identification of combinatorial / synergistic modulatory factors that reduce the severity of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis
- Mechanistic role of glucocorticoid on mesenchymai stem cell differentiation to osteoblasts
- Cross talk between bone and glucose metabolism
- Modulatory factors on mesenchymal stem cell (MSCs) differentiation
- Modulatory factors against type 2 diabetes
- Susceptibility genes in bone and glucose metabolic disorders
- Laboratory Supervisor, Department of Biological Sciences – University of Santo Tomas College of Science
- Member, Philippine Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Member, Philippine Society for Cell Biology
- Member, Philippine Society for Developmental Biology
- Rimando MG, Wu HH, Liu YA, Lee CW, Kuo SW, Lo YP, Tseng KF, Liu YS, Lee OK.Glucocorticoid receptor and Histone deacetylase 6 mediate the differential effect of dexamethasone during osteogenesis of mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs).Sci Rep. 2016 Nov 30;6:37371. doi: 10.1038/srep37371.
- Yen MH, Wu YY, Liu YS, Rimando M, Ho JH, Lee OK.Efficient generation of hepatic cells from mesenchymal stromal cells by an innovative bio-microfluidic cell culture device.Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016 Aug 19;7(1):120. doi: 10.1186/s13287-016-0371-7.
- Lo YP, Liu YS, Rimando MG, Ho JH, Lin KH, Lee OK.Three-dimensional spherical spatial boundary conditions differentially regulate osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stromal cells.Sci Rep. 2016 Feb 17;6:21253. doi: 10.1038/srep21253.
- Hsieh WT, Liu YS, Lee YH, Rimando MG, Lin KH, Lee OK.Matrix dimensionality and stiffness cooperatively regulate osteogenesis of mesenchymal stromal cells.Acta Biomater. 2016 Mar 1;32:210-222. doi: 10.1016/j.actbio.2016.01.010.
- Rimando MG, Chua MN, Yuson Ed, de Castro-Bernas G, Okamoto T.Prevalence of GSTT1, GSTM1 and NQO1 (609C>T) in Filipino children with ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukaemia).Biosci Rep. 2008 Jun;28(3):117-24. doi: 10.1042/BSR20070010.