Asst. Prof. Donna May D.C. Papa, PhD, RMT, DPAM is
PAPA, Donna May D.C.
PAPA, Donna May D.C.
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Biological Sciences, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2018
- Master of Science in Microbiology (Magna cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1999
- Diplomate, Philippine Society of Microbiology
Focused on Bacterial Viruses or Bacteriophages as alternative to antibiotics to answer the increased rate of emergence of antibiotic resistance.
- Main goal is to increase the knowledge of Phage Biology in the Philippines
- Isolation of Novel Phages from different habitats and the determination of their role in maintaining the balance of ecosystems
- Bacteriophage Therapy in animal models specifically in aquaculture, industry and medical field
- Addressing Antibiotic resistance by using phages as an alternative treatment
- Effectivity of phages versus leading antibiotics being used as treatment to different infectious diseases
- Phage Taxonomy and Systematics
- Bacteriophage Ecology, Aquaculture, Therapy, and Systematics
- Grant Recipient, CHED Dissertation Grant with Laboratory for PhD in Biological Sciences, 2015
- Grant Recipient, BCDA-DOST PCIEERD for PhD Research Internship at the Felix d’ Herelle Reference Center for Bacterial Viruses and Laboratoire de Sylvain Moineau, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, 2015 (c/o Canada Research Chair grant under Sylvain Moineau)
- Grant Recipient, DOST-JSPS and National Research Foundation of Korea – AsiaHORCs Joint Symposium on Nov 2012, Buyeo, South Korea
- Principal Investigator, CHED-ZRC Grant May 2011 – April 2012
- Finalist, L’Oreal For Women in Science, 2012
- Member- Mathematical Society of the Philippines (NCR & National)
- Professional Member – Association for Computing Machinery
- Reviewer/Member of Technical Committee, 4th International Conference on Computer and Communications Systems (ICCCS 2019); 7th International Conference on Smart Computing and Communications (ICSCC 2019); 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Application Engineering (ICCSAE 2019)
- Donna May A. Dela Cruz-Papa, Charli Mae G. Candare, Gene Lorenze S. Cometa,Dominique Elloisa G. Gudez, Anna Marielle Isabella T. Guevara, Ma. Bianca Therese G. Relova and Rey Donne S. Papa. Aeromonas hydrophila Bacteriophage UP87: An Alternative to Antibiotic Treatment for Motile Aeromonas Septicemia in Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). PHILIPP AGRIC SCIENTIST ISSN 0031-7454. Vol. 97 No. 1, 82–87.March 2014.
- Donna May A. Dela Cruz-Papa, Justine R. Baquiran, Christelle J. Pineda, Lindley C. Susi and Rey Donne S. Papa. The Treatment Of Motile Aeromonas Septicemia In Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus) Using Phage Cocktail Therapy With Notes On The Isolation And Description Of A Novel Phage B614 ” PHILIPP AGRIC SCIENTIST ISSN 0031-7454. Vol. 100, No. 3. 324-331. September 2017.
- Donna May A. Dela Cruz-Papa, Rey Donne S. Papa, Dino Tordesillas, and John Carlo Briones. Earth and Life Sciences: Knowing and Understanding Nature. Reference book for Grade 11. 2016. Publisher: ABIVA Publishing.