Twenty-four Taiwan Youth Ambassadors visited the University of Santo Tomas
LUCAS, Renato B.
Renato B. Lucas is a concert cellist and conductor with four decades of concert performance career. Aside from performaning, he teaches Music History and performance classes at the UST Conservatory of Music. He has publications on Philippine music like The Brief History of the Manila Symphony Orchestra and Preliminary Annotations on Discography of Filipino Artists. Research interest includes Cultural History pertaining to Filipino performing artists.
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in History (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Master of Arts in History (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Bachelor of Music, major in Cello (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Music Studies (San Francisco Conservatory – United States of America)
- Cultural History (Philippines)
- Music Performances
- Secretary General, National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA)
- Member, Manila Studies Association
- Member, Philippine Historical Society
- Member, Philippine Association of German Academic Scholars (PAGAES)
- “Continuing the Nationalist Tradition of Felipe Padilla De Leon (1912-1992)”. Manila: Selected Papers of the 25th Annual Manila Studies Conference Aug. 30-31, 2016.
- “A Preliminary Annotation of Selected Discography of Filipino Artists 1913-1946”. Journal for the Arts, Culture, and the Humanities. UST Vol. 3, No. 1 & 2, 2004.