Prof. Arvin D. Eballo, PhD of the Institute of Religion
EBALLO, Arvin D.
Faculty members from the UST National Service Training Program Civic
- Doctor of Education, major in Religious and Values Education, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2009
- Master of Arts, major in Religious and Values Education, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1995
- Desposoryo: A Traditional Form of Family Catechesis in Malolos, Bulacan
- The Impact of Cursillo Renewal Movement to its Members and Organizers: An Ethnographic Study
- Decolonial Studies
- History, Sociology, and Anthropology of Religion
- Philippine Church History
- Political Theology (Church and State Relations)
- Popular Devotions
- 2018 Visiting Research Fellow, Indiana University – Indiana, United States of America
- 2012 Gawad Santo Domingo Awardee (Community Development), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Reviewer, Asia-Pacific Multidisciplinary Research Journal
- Member, Religious Educators Association of the Philippines; Association for the Sociology of Religion; International Association for the History of Religions
- Director, University of Santo Tomas Simbahayan Community Development Office (2019-2020)
- President, Philippine Association for the Sociology of Religion, Inc. (2014-2016)
- Treasurer, Philippine Association for the Study of Culture, History and Religion, Inc. (2014-2016)
- Member, International Sociological Association (2014-2016)
- Member, South and Southeast Asian Association for the Study of Culture and Religion (2014-2018)
- Member, American Academy of Religion (2014-2016)
- Member, International Association for the History of Religions (2014-2016)
- Eballo, A.D. (2020) “From Devotion to Action: Practicing Holiness amidst the COVID-19 Crisis in the Philippines” The Antoninus Journal of the UST-Graduate School, 1-3.
- Eballo, A.D. (2020) “Atonement” The SAGE Encyclopedia of Sociology of Religion, 55-56. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529714401.n38
- Eballo, A.D. (2020) “Clergy” The SAGE Encyclopedia of Sociology of Religion, 144-147. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529714401.n91
- Eballo, A.D. (2020) “Opus Dei” The SAGE Encyclopedia of Sociology of Religion, 547-549. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529714401.n315
- Eballo, A.D. (2018) “Contextualizing Laudato Si’ through People’s Organization Engagement: A Kalawakan Experience” Solidarity: The Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics, The University of Notre Dame Australia 8 (1), 1-29.
- Eballo, A.D. (2016) “Desposoryo: A Traditional Form of Family Catechesis in Malolos, Paombong and Hagonoy, Bulacan, Philippines” South and Southeast Asia Culture and Religion Journal 10, 38-60.
- Eballo, A.D. (2016) “From Mallorca to Malolos: The Indigenization of Cursillo in the Philippines and the Challenges of our Time” Asian Journal of Religion and Society, South Korean Association for the Sociology of Religion 4 (2), 71-96.
- Eballo, A.D. (2014) “Desposoryo: Katekesis sa mga Mag-iisang Dibdib sa mga Gilid-gilid at Suluk-sulok ng mga Bayan ng Malolos, Paombong at Hagonoy, Bulacan, UST-HASAAN 1 (1), 83-105.
- Eballo, A.D. (2012) “Desposorio as a Pre-Nuptial Ritual: Enriching the Culture and Faith of the Folks of Malolos, Paombong and Hagonoy in the Province of Bulacan, Philippines” DINLERDE NIKAH, Dokuz Eylül University, İzmir, Turkey, 213-235.
- Eballo, A.D. (2008) “Theological Constants of Justice in the Old Testament” Philippiniana Sacra 43 (127), 15-22.
- Eballo, A.D., et al. (2008). Mga Palatandaang Teolohiko sa Teolohiya ng KATARUNGAN. Unitas, 81, 231-267.
- Eballo, A.D. (editor) “Contextualizing the Theological Constants of Justice” John Paul II Research Team (UST), 2010.