Faculty members of the Department of Physical Therapy of the…
DONES, Valentin III C.
DONES, Valentin III C.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences, University of South Australia – Australia, 2013
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1999
- Research Team Leader: The Use of Motion Tracking Analysis Program in Detecting Linear Muscular Displacement of the Extensor Digitorum Communis in Patients with Lateral Epicondylalgia: A Cross-Sectional Study
- Research Team Leader: Intra-tester reliability and concurrent validity of musculoskeletal ultrasound and vernier calipre in quantifying the anteroposterior diameter of the common extensor origin of the forearm and the radial nerve: a cadaveric study
- Research Team Co-Leader: Radial nerve measurements in non-symptomatic upper extremities of Filipinos: A cross-sectional study
- Grant Recipient: Commission on Higher Education DARE TO (Discovery-Applied Research and Extension for Trans/Inter-disciplinary Opportunities) Research Grant, 2018-2020: “Characteristics of movement of the fascia overlying the upper trapezius during active cervical movement of individuals with and without myofascial pain syndrome
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Human Anatomy
- Recipient, International Postgraduate Research Scholarship of the Australian Government, 2010
- Research Supervisor, UST Center for Health Research and Movement Science (2017-present)
- Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Santo Tomas (2015-2017)
- Vice-President (Internal), Philippine Physical Therapy Association (2008-2010)
- Dones VCIII, San Jose MCZ .(2020). Minimizing the overall risk score of physical therapists at work during COVID-19 pandemic. The Antoninus Journal. Accepted for publication.
- Dones VC III, Regino, J. M., Esplana, N. T. S., Rivera, I. R. V., & Tomas, M. K. R. (2020). The effectiveness of Biomechanical Taping and KinesioTaping on Shoulder pain, active range of motion and function of participants with Trapezius Myalgia: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies.
- Dones VC, Tangcuangco LP, Serra MA, Abad A, Fuentes Z, Labad PJ, Liboon JM, Miano JAE, Reyes GK, Sabatin MRG, Vergel De Dios B. Biomechanical taping and standard physical therapy were effective in the management of acute ankle inversion sprain: a pre- and post- intervention study. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences. 2020. doi:10.36413/pjahs.0302.003
- Tangcuangco, L. P. & Dones, V. Association of Lateral Epicondylalgia and Shoulder Rotatory Motion: A Cross-sectional Case Control Study. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences. 2019. DOI: 10.36413/pjahs.0301.005
- Dones VCIII, Serra MAB, Kamus GOT, Esteban AC, Mercado AMS, Rivera RGA, Vergara ACB, Francisco RJ, De Ocampo LM, De Jesus PJP. The effectiveness of biomechanical taping technique on visual analogue scale, static maximum handgrip strength and Patient Rated Tennis Elbow Evaluation of patients with lateral epicondylalgia: a cross-over study. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2018.05.004
- Lleva JM, Dones VCIII, Suarez CG, Cheng K, Dioso A, Borbe A, Nakahata R, et al. Pain Scores and Sonographic Changes of Elbows in Patients with Lateral Epicondylalgia treated by Biomechanical Taping: A Case Series. Philippine Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine Proceedings. 2015
- Dones VC III, Suarez CG, Rimando CD, Yap M, Seril, Lopez JF, Dizon LB, et al. The Use of Motion Tracking Analysis Program in Detecting Linear Muscular Displacement of the Extensor Digitorum Communis in Patients with Lateral Epicondylalgia: A Cross-Sectional Study. Austin J Musculoskelet Disord. 2015;2(2): 1021. ISSN : 2381-8948
- Suarez GS, Dones VC, Grimmer-Somers K, Thoirs K, Milanese S. Radial nerve measurements in non-symptomatic upper extremities of Filipinos: A cross-sectional study. Muscle and Nerve. DOI: 10.1002/mus.24574
- Suarez CG, Fidel, Cua R, Dizon, JN, Dones VCIII, Thomas J, Lesniewski P. Median Nerve Mobility Measurement using a Motion Tracking Analysis Program: A Reliability Study. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. (accepted for publication: July 2015)
- Dones VC, Thomas J, Lesniewski P, Thoirs K, Grimmer K, Suarez C. The Reliability of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Video Tracking of Muscle and Tendon Displacement. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 10, October 2014. ISSN 2250-3153.
- Dones VC, Grimmer K, Milanese S, Kumar S. The Sensitivity of the Provocation Tests in Replicating Pain on the Lateral Elbow Area of Participants with Lateral Epicondylalgia. Journal of Case Reports and Clinical Research Studies, Vol 1(1), 2014.
- Dones VC, Grimmer K, Suarez C, Thoirs K. Diagnostic value of musculoskeletal ultrasound in acute and chronic lateral epicondylalgia. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice (accepted for publication: October 2014)
- Dones VC, Aguinaldo I, Aycardo S, Apepe. Intra-tester reliability and concurrent validity of musculoskeletal ultrasound and vernier calipre in quantifying the anteroposterior diameter of the common extensor origin of the forearm and the radial nerve: a cadaveric study. Internet Journal on Allied Health Science and Practices, Vol 13(1). ISSN 1540-590X.
- Dones VCIII, Grimmer K, Thoirs K, Suarez CG, Luker J. 2014. The diagnostic validity of musculoskeletal ultrasound in lateral epicondylalgia: a systematic review. BMC Medical Imaging 3:14:10.
- Dones VCIII, Grimmer-Somers K, Milanese S, Atlas AP. 2014. Association between Lateral Epicondylalgia and Upper Extremity Anthropometric Measurements: A Case-Control Study. International Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation S5:003.
- Dones VCIII, Milanese S, Worth D, Grimmer-Somers K. 2013. The Anatomy of the Forearm Extensor Muscles and the Fascia in the Lateral Aspect of the Elbow Joint Complex. Anatom Physiol 3:117. doi: 10.4172/2161-0940.1000117
- Dones VC, Grimmer-Somers K. 2012. Inter-tester reliability of sonographers in detecting pathological lesions in the elbow of individuals with lateral epicondylar pain. Journal of Musculoskeletal Research 14(2)1250001(14 pages)
- Gonzalez-Suarez CG, Dones VCIII. 2008. Evidence for the effectiveness of different school-based programs in the management of childhood obesity: a systematic review. JBI Library of Systematic Reviews 6(4) Suppl
- Dones VCIII. 2008. Injuries of University of Santo Tomas College teams during the University Athletics Association of the Philippines Season ’70. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences 2(2): 26-34
- Atlas AP, Dones VCIII, Lizarondo LM, Mallillin TR. 2007. Injuries of University of Santo Tomas College teams during the University Athletics Association of the Philippines Season ’69. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences 1(2):41-47 ISSN 1908-5044.
- Dizon JMR, Dones VCIII, Dacuycuy JF, Dela Torre DG, Gonzaga SW, Lavina RS. 2007. Physical activities and endurance levels of 1st year University of Santo Tomas High School students. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences 2(1): 26-33
- Dones VCIII. Validity and reliability of the Modified Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire in assessing disability in Filipinos in Metro Manila with low back pain. Philippine Journal of Allied Health Sciences