Professor Maria Natalia Roxas-Dimaano, PhD was hailed as the 2021
DIMAANO, Maria Natalia R.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology – Tokyo, Japan, 2003
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, 1995
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1980
- Phase Diagram of the Eutectic Mixture of Capric Acid and Lauric Acid as a Medium for Thermal Energy Storage Cooling Application
- Conversion of non-edible seed oils (such as Jatropha curcas, Calophyllum inophyllum, Terminalia capalla, Moringa oleifera, Monandra kurz, Bauhinia purpurea, Sweitenia macrophylla king, etc.) to biodiesel
- Production of wallboards, composites, activated carbon and biochar from waste seed husks as primary materials.
- Biodiesel, Biochar, Renewable Energy
- Thermal Energy Storage for Cooling Application, Phase Change Materials
- Activated Carbon, Biochar, Composites (Materials Characterization)
- 2011 Gregorio Y Zara Award for Applied Research, PHILAAS
- 2009 NRCP Achievement Award for Division 7 – Engineering and Industrial Research
- First Runner Up, Best Research Project of the Year, 2008 BPI-DOST Science Award
- Gawad San Alberto Magno: Natatanging Mananaliksik sa Agham at Teknolohiya, 27 February 2009.
- Gawad Santo Domingo Award for Publication, 07 July 2000
- Fellow, ASEAN Academy of Engineering and Technology, ((FAAET, July 21, 2012, Selangor, Malaysia)
- Fellow, Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineering (PIChE) College of Fellows, (FPIChE, February 28, 2014)
- President — Philippine Society of JSPS RONPAKU Fellows (PRF, 2008 – 2010).
- Chair — ASEAN Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE,2009)
- Chair, Governing Council – Metro Manila Industry and Engineering Research and Development Consortium (MMIERDC, March 2014 – December 2015)
- NRCP Div. 7 Section Chairperson – 2011 NRCP Achievement Awards and Committee, Technology Sector (2011 – 2013
- Chair & Deputy Chair, Philippine Technological Council Engg. Accreditation Commission (PTC ACBET EAC)
- Reviewer — Energy, The International Journal (Elsevier Science, Inc., (2004 – present)
- 1st Vice President – Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers Metro Manila Academe Chapter (PIChE MMAC 2013 – 2015)
- RMDR Antonio, AAC dela Cruz, AS Quinto Jr., PR Cordero, MNR Dimaano (May 2015). “Bioethanol Production from Pineapple (Ananas comosus) Peelings using Saccharomyces cerevisiae as Fermenting Yeast with Focus on Fermentation pH”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, 4 (5), 356 – 360.
- MNR Dimaano, T Watanabe (2006). “Thermal Performance Characterization of Capric Acid and Lauric Acid Mixture for Low Temperature Energy Storage”, Solar Energy: New Research, Chapter 1, Nova Science Publications, Inc., Tom P. Hough (Editor-in-chief), 1-42. ISBN: 1-59454-630-4.
- MNR Dimaano, Takayuki Watanabe (2003). “The Transient Behavior Analysis of The Capric Acid and Lauric Acid Mixture in a Vertical Tube”, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, 36 (12), p.1421-1431.
- MNR Dimaano, T. Watanabe (2002). “The Capric and Lauric Acid Mixture with Chemical Additives as Latent Heat Storage Materials for Cooling Application”, ENERGY – The International Journal, 27 (9), pp. 869-888.
- MNR Dimaano, T. Watanabe (2002). “Performance Investigation of the Capric Acid and Lauric Acid Mixture as Latent Heat Energy Storage for a Cooling System”, Solar Energy, 72 (3), 205-215.
- MNR Dimaano and T. Watanabe (2002). “The Capric-Lauric Acid and Pentadecane Combination as Phase Change Material for Cooling Applications”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 22 (4), 365-377.