The College of Science Department of Biological Sciences is looking…
DECENA, Ma. Carlota B.
DECENA, Ma. Carlota B.
Mr. Francisco M. Caliwan, Jr. and Mr. Louie Gene G.…
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics, Ateneo de Manila University – Quezon City, Philippines, 2008
- Master of Science in Mathematics, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1992
- Licensed Chemical Engineer
- Development of Mathematical Framework for Health Risk Assessment of Joggers using Chaos analysis
- Chaos analysis of dynamical systems
- Mathematical crystallography and its applications to complex structures
- Algebraic Structures
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Differential Equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Research Methodology
- 3rd Place, Best Scientific Poster Presentation in the 81st National Research Council of the Philippines General Membership Assembly: Acosta, P., Diva, E., Benjamin, J. and Decena, M.C. “A Parametric Survival Analysis of Female Breast Cancer Patients Among Different Groups of Age and Body Mass Index”
- 2nd Place, Best Scientific Poster Presentation in the 80th National Research Council of the Philippines General Membership Assembly: Jurado, B., Guarina, G.,Yambao, E. and Decena, M.C. “An Empirical Examination of the Philippine Stock Market: A Test for Chaos in Stock Prices”
- Finalist, PCASTRD Outstanding Dissertation Award in Advanced Science and Technology, Philippine Council for Advanced Science and Technology Research and Development, 2009: Enumeration of the Index 3 and 4 Subgroups of Hyperbolic Symmetry Groups
- Former Assistant Dean, University of Santo Tomas College of Science
- Member, Mathematical Society of the Philippines
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Member, Southeast Asian Mathematical Society
- Decena, M.C., Aguilar, K. and Defeo, J. Forecasting Analysis of Leptospirosis Incidence in National Capital Region, Philippines. Electronic Proceedings of Innovations and Analytics Conference and Exhibition 2016 (IACE 2016), Malaysia. 2016
- Decena, M.C. and Yambao, E. On Sufficient Condition for the Existence of Imaginary Roots of a Cubic Polynomial Equation . Acta Manilana Vol. 60, pp. 15-18. 2012 Issn:0065-1370
- Decena, M.C. On the Subgroups of the Triangle Group *2p, Algebra 2010:Advances in Abstract Algebra, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2012.
- Decena, M.C. The Aesthetics of Mathematical Problem Solving,Proceedings of the 2012 Bicol Mathematics Conference, 2012.
- Decena, M.C. On the Use of Colored Hyperbolic Subgroup Patterns in Finding Covering Maps for Triply Periodic Minimal Surfaces, Acta Manilana, Vol. 58, 2010 (came out in print in 2012)
- Decena, M. and Delas Peñas, M.L.A. On Orbifolds Associated with Subgroups of Triangle Groups of Index at Most Four , The Loyola Schools Review, Science and Engineering, Vol. VIII, pp. 63-84, 2009 (ISSN: 1656-6211)
- Decena, M.C. On the Index 3 and 4 Subgroups of Hyperbolic Triangle Symmetry Groups, Electronic Proceedings of the 5th Asian Mathematical Conference, Vol. 1, pp. 1-8, 2009
- Decena, M.C., Delas Peñas, M.L.A. and Felix, R. Enumeration of Index 3 and 4 Subgroups of Hyperbolic Triangle Groups, , Zeitschrift Kristallographie, Vol. 223, pp. 543-551, 2008