The University of Santo Tomas paid tribute to forty-five (45)…
DE JESUS, Lilia C.
DE JESUS, Lilia C.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
- Master of Arts in Teaching Art Education, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
The Researcher seeks to undertake the multi-disciplinal perspective of interior design discipline & practice for its greater relevance. A discipline that is considered both an art and a science that challenge the interior designers to simultaneously solve the problems situated in the pragmatic parameters of space and in complex personal, social, cultural and dynamic relationships (Ainley, 1998). A framework of the Filipino-based concept of interior design relies on four (4) integral components: safety, comfort, affordability, and sustainability provides the baseline for further exploration and survey. Likewise, Global views and perspective in terms of universal design, environmental issues/advocacies and other design based platforms are examined to evolve into theoretical constructs that can promote design values and meanings.
- Fine Arts and Design
- Design Pedagogies
- Design Theories and Practice
- Fellow, Philippine Institute of Interior Designers
- Recipient, Presidential Citation, Philippine Institute of Interior Designers (PIID), for invaluable contribution on the passage of R.A. No.10350 (Philippine Interior Design Act of 2012)
- Outstanding Masteral Paper, University of the Philippines – College of Education, Quezon City – Philippines
- National President, Philippine Institute of Interior Designers
- Board Member, International Federation of Interior Designers/Architects (IFI), New York, USA (First Filipino Board Member)
- Chair, Technical Committee for Interior Design, Commission on Higher Education (for 4 consecutive terms)
- Senior Design Consultant, APJArchitects
- Interior Design Code of the Philippines
- A Referral Code of the National Building Code of the Philippines, 2017