A total of 121 faculty members were recognized in the…
CAYUBIT, Ryan Francis O.
CAYUBIT, Ryan Francis O.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2018
- Master of Arts in Psychology (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Colegio de San Juan de Letran – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- Researched on the new sources of motivation for students
- Proposed a new taxonomy to classify the motivation of computer hackers
- Investigated impacts of shadow education
- Developed new scales to assess anger expression and reading achievement for Filipino
- Learning environments and motivation
- Shadow education
- Scale developments and validations
- Sport psychology
- International Publication Award, University of Santo Tomas, 2018
- Silver Research Award, University of Santo Tomas, 2016 & 2018
- The School of Psychology and Social Work Award for Good Research in 2012
- Assistant Director, University of Santo Tomas – Office for Admissions (2021-present)
- Chair, UST College of Science – Department of Psychology (until 2021)
- Co-Chair, Educational Psychology Division, Psychological Association of the Philippines
- Fellow, Philippine Educational Measurement and Evaluation Association
- Consultant Psychologist, Philippine Sports Commission
- Member of the Board of Directors, Partners in Child Development and Progress, Inc.
- Cayubut, R.F. (2021). Effect of expressive writing on the subjective well-being of university students. Makara Human Behavior Studies in Asia, 25(1), 60-68. https://doi.org/10.7454/hubs.asia.1130520 [indexed in Clarivate Analytics – Emerging Sources Citation Index]
- Cayubut, R.F. (2021). Why learning environment matters? An analysis on how the learning environment influences the academic motivation, learning strategies and engagement of college students. Learning Environments Research, online first, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10984-021-09382-x [indexed in Scopus and in Clarivate Analytics – Emerging Sources Citation Index]
- Reyes, M. E. S., Dillague, S. G. O., Fuentes, M. I. A., Malicsi, C. A. R., Manalo, D. C. F., Melgarejo, J. M. T., & Cayubit, R. F. O. (2020). Self-esteem and optimism as predictors of resilience among selected Filipino active duty military personnel in military camps. Journal of Positive School Psychology. 4(1), 15-25. (SCOPUS)
- Cayubit, R. F. O., Bactung, Z. P., Gualberto, L. A., Itom, V. N. S., Morales, S. G. C., Penoliar, L. G. D., & Sy, F. G. S. (2019). A comparative analysis of the goal orientation and test anxiety of high school students with and without private tutors. Jurnal Psikologi Malaysia, 33(2), 13-24.
- Ramos, C. G. M., Reyes, M. E. S., & Cayubit, R. F. O. (2019). Spirituality, psychological well-being, and suicide behavior of young lesbian and gay Filipinos. IAFOR Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences, 5(2), 3-20.
- Cleofe, M. P., Lagundino, M. M., Reyes, M. E. S. R., & Cayubit, R. F. O. (2018). Psychological resilience and depressive symptoms: A brief report on their presence and relationship among selected Filipino collegiate athletes. Guidance Journal, 45(2), 32-44.
- Reyes, M. E. S., Marasigan, J. P., Gonzales, H. J. Q., Hernandez, K. L. M., Medios, M. A. O., & Cayubit, R. F. O. (2018). Fear of missing out and its link with social media and problematic internet use among Filipinos. North American Journal of Psychology, 20(3), 503-518. (SCOPUS)
- Cayubit, R. F. O., Chua, L. I. D. C., David, E. A. S., Gutierrez, T. M. D. G., Marquez, S. M. T., Mendoza, N. A., Palogan, E. J. P., & Tiu, R. B. (2018). Development and validation of pagbabaybay (spelling) and pagkilala sa salita (word recognition) of the Filipino Reading Achievement Test. Educational Measurement and Evaluation Review, 9(1), 24-44
- Cayubit, R.F.O., Rebolledo, K.M., Kintanar, G., Pastores, A., Santiago, A.J., & Valles, P. B. (2017). A cyber phenomenon: A Q analysis on the motivation of computer hackers. Psychological Studies. DOI: 10.1007/s12646-017-0423-9 (SCOPUS)
- Cayubit, R.F.O., Cadacio, C.A.D., Chua, M.P.T.O., Faeldon, V.A.H., Go, W.V.P., & Verdan, M.K.C. (2016). Academic delay of gratification, academic achievement, and need for affiliation of selected high school students. Educational Measurement and Evaluation Review, 7(2), 1-14.
- Reyes, M.S., Cayubit, R.F.O., Angala, M.H., Bries, S.C., Capalungan, J.M., Docdoc, J.C., Nolasco, B.C., Rayos, K.F., & McCutcheon, L.E. (2015). Exploring the link between adolescent anger expression and tendencies for suicide: A brief report. North American Journal of Psychology, 17(1), 113-118.