CALICA, Edsel B.
CALICA, Edsel B.
Edsel Calica was born in Naga City, Camarines Sur where he spent his young hood days. He transferred to Manila when he decided to have his university years in the Metro. He was able to garner his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Development Education from Central Luzon State University in Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija. He had his Master’s of Science in Management Engineering and his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Santo Tomas. He is a licensed chemical engineer.
He started his professional career in the pharmaceutical industry when he joined United Laboratories, Inc. (Unilab) right after graduation. He transferred to Pfizer, Inc. (Philippines) last August 2008 as part of the Quality Operations and moved to the Pfizer, Inc. Worldwide Compliance Division in April 2014 up to the present. Currently, Edsel is a Senior Auditing Manager of the Regulatory and Quality Assurance – Good Manufacturing Practices supporting the Pfizer global manufacturing network.
In addition, Edsel is teaching part-time in the Chemical Engineering Department of the University of Santo Tomas since 2007. He handles various professional subjects and mentors research teams.
UST recognizes research achievements of faculty
A total of 121 faculty members were recognized in the…
- Doctor of Philosophy in Development Education, Central Luzon State University – Science City of Munoz, Philippines, 2020
- Master of Science in Management Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Optimization of the Recovery Parameters of Poly (Ethylene Terephthalate) Depolymerization through Aminolysis in the Presence of an Organotin Catalyst
- Utilization of Tawa-Tawa (Euphorbia Hirta) Leaves as a Source of Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Transesterification of the Soybean (Glycine Max) Oil
- Synthesis Biodegradable Poly (Xylitol Diglycolate) and Characterization of its Thermal, Mechanical and Morphological Properties, and “In Vitro” Degradation
- Tissue Engineering – biomaterials for medical applications
- Energy – biofuels
- Optimization – design, process or parameter optimization
- Engineering Management
- Quantitative Methods in Management
- Process Control and Dynamics
- Chemical Engineering Laws and Ethics
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Member, Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineering, 2007 – present
- Member, International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering, 2012 – 2013
- Billones, J.A., Jumaquio, A.J., Villalon, V.E., Calica, E.B. (2021), “Optimization of the Recovery Parameters of Poly (Ethylene Terephthalate) Depolymerization through Aminolysis in the Presence of an Organotin Catalyst”, PIChE Journal, Volume 20, Issue Number 1, pp. 85-91.
- Billones, J.A., Jumaquio, A.J., Villalon, V.E., Calica, E.B. (2017), “Optimization of the Recovery Parameters of Poly (Ethylene Terephthalate) Depolymerization through Aminolysis in the Presence of an Organotin Catalyst”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 6 Issue 6, pp. 203-209.
- Bool, N., Calica, E.B. (2016), “Measuring The Effects of Parallel Importation of the Efficiency of Selected Multinational Pharmaceutical Companies’ Operations in the Philippines”, International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, Volume 15 No. 3, pp 599-604.