Three faculty members of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of…
BAUTISTA, Anthony James C.
BAUTISTA, Anthony James C.
Dr. Bautista received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Don Bosco Technical College Mandaluyong, Philippines in 2003, Master of Engineering from the Mapua University (formerly Mapua Institute of Technology) Manila, Philippines in 2008, and Doctor of Philosophy in Technology from Technological University of the Philippines Manila, Philippines in 2014. He also had his postdoctoral studies about Agricultural Robotics and Precision Farming at Harper Adams University Newport, United Kingdom in 2017 and about Indoor Navigation using LIDAR and Visual Sensors in Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan in 2019. He served as the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory Supervisor in 2014-2016, a Faculty Researcher in 2015 until the present, and Acting Assistant Dean of the faculty of engineering from 2021 until the present. He is a Professional Mechanical Engineer and a member of the Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers (PSME) – NCR Academe Chapter. His field of interests are in Service Assistant Robots and Agricultural Robotics and Precision Farming and he has presented and published notable research papers in international conferences and journal publications.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Technology, Technological University of the Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Master of Engineering Major in Mechanical Engineering, Mapua University, Manila, Philippines
- Master of Business Administration, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Technical College, Mandaluyong, Philippines
- LISA Robot – A logistics indoor service assistant robot allowing remote communication and medicine delivery between healthcare practitioners and patients, which minimizes the exposure of the hospital staff to the COVID19.
- Robotractor – A device used for land preparation and land leveling using Real-Time Kinematic Global Positioning System.. It envisions the utilization of the machine to help the farmers.
- AQUA Drone – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle used for water quality monitoring for lakes and other bodies of water.
- Agricultural Robotics and Precision Farming
- Service Assistant Robots
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- ME Laws, Ethics, Codes, and Standards
- Mechatronics and Robotics Elective
- 2021 Gregorio Y. Zara Award for Applied Research
- 2020 Living Heroes: J. Amado Araneta Foundation (JAAF), Innovation Series for the efforts done during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2020 Ginebra Lalaban Ako Award, 1st Runner Up
- Lifetime Member, Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers (PSME)
- Lifetime Member, Mechatronics and Robotics Society of The Philippines (MRSP)
- Lifetime Member, Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology (PhilAAST)
- Associate Member Division VII, National Research Center of the Philippines (NRCP)
- IEEE 2021 7th International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR2021)
- Omnidirectional Germicidal Indoor Carrier Assistant Robot With Line Following Function
- Development Of Autonomous Hand Tractor’s Prototype Navigation Using Vision-Based System For Obstacle Detection And Multipoint Tracking System For Philippine Agricultural Fields
- International Research Conference in Computing, Engineering, Education and Educational-Technology (IRCCEEE2020)
- Prototype Of A Compact Assisted Surveillance Robot For Search And Rescue Operations
- Blended Online And Offline Robotics Learning Program Using Low-Cost Mobile Autonomous Educational Robot
- IEEE The Seventh International Conference on Control Automation and Information Sciences (ICCAIS2018)
- Atlas Robot: A teaching tool for autonomous mobile robotics.
- IEEE 18th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2018)
- Development of an autonomous hand tractor platform for philippine agricultural operations