ALBANO, Dharmatov Rahula B.
ALBANO, Dharmatov Rahula B.
Albano of Chemistry, RCNAS talks about dengue trends in the Philippines
Assoc. Prof. Dharmatov Rahula B. Albano, PhD, Chair of the Department…
UST recognizes research achievements of faculty
A total of 121 faculty members were recognized in the…
Assoc. Prof. Dharmatov Rahula B. Albano, PhD
Department of Chemistry | Research Center for the Natural and Applied Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Hongkong – Hongkong, China, 2014
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1998
- Novel selection of aptamers using piezoelectric quartz crystal sensor.
- Piezoelectric aptamer sensors for the detection of biomarkers of infectious diseases, such as SARS and malaria.
- Nano-magnetic beads enrichment and purification of proteins based on aptamers.
- Electronic noses useful in the monitoring the quality of economically important products, such as cacao and mango.
- Gas sensors for the detection of illegal preservatives such as sodium hypochlorite and formaldehyde.
- Biosensors/Chemical sensors
- Bioanalytical nanotechnology chemistry
- DNA aptamer biosensor
- Nano-magnetic beads
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Piezoelectric quartz crystal sensors
- Molecularly imprinted polymers
- Surfactants analyses, conducting polymers
- Electronic nose and gas sensors
- Electronic tongue
- 2009 National Capital Region Outstanding Research and Publication (Republica) Award for the Natural Sciences, Commission on Higher Education
- Chair of the Department of Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas College of Science
- Reviewer — Sensors and Actuators B (Elsevier); Analytical Letters (Taylor and Francis)
- Igat, J.B.; Albano, D.B.; III, F.B. Sevilla, Electronic discrimination of mint plants based on quartz crystal microbalance sensors. Academic Research International 2013, 4, (2), 1-9.
- Li, X.; Xu, X.; Albano, D.R.; You, T., Optimization using central composite design for antihistamines separation by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical and electrochemiluminescence detections. Analyst 2011.
- D.R. Albano, F. Sevilla III. Piezoelectric quartz crystal sensor for surfactant based on molecularly imprinted polypyrrole. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical Volume 121, Issue 1, 30 (2007)129-134
- D.B. Albano, B.S. Ebarvia, F. Sevilla, III Liquid-phase Measurement with a Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal: Application to Sugar Solutions. Acta Manilana 50 (2002) 1-7.
- D.B. Albano, F. Sevilla, III. Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal Sensor for Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS) Based on Molecularly Imprinted Polypyrrole. Proceedings AsiaSENSE 2003 (2003) 117-120.