Thomasian Electronics Engineering (ECE) students were hailed 2nd runner-up in…
ADAMOS, Joel L.
ADAMOS, Joel L.
Assoc. Prof. Joel L. Adamos is a course facilitator at the University of Santo Tomas (UST) where he has been teaching for more than twenty years. He completed his undergraduate degree in Mathematics major in Actuarial Science, Master in Mathematics Education, and Doctor of Education, major in Curriculum and Instruction degrees in UST. He presently handles mathematics courses in the Elementary Education, Secondary Education and Food Technology programs. A first-place examinee in the Licensure Examination for Teachers in 2007, he is a board examination reviewer for mathematics. He was a former chairperson of the Teacher Education Department of UST (2009-2011); supervising teacher for mathematics of the Education High School (2009-2010; 2017-2018); and executive assistant of the Office of the Vice-Rector (2011-2012). He has chaired various college-based committees which include outcomes-based teaching and learning; program accreditation; testing and grading policies; and faculty development; among others. He is presently the president of the Faculty Association of the College of Education.
- Doctor of Education, major in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2020
- Master in Mathematics Education, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, major in Actuarial Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1995
Project Team Member, Democracy: An educational urgency in multicultural and multi-religious contexts
Funder: Fondazione Gravissimum Educationis, Vatican
- Curriculum noticing
- Curriculum and instruction
- Mathematics education
- Unteachable moments
- Abstract Algebra
- Analytic Geometry
- College Algebra
- Contemporary Mathematics
- Differential Calculus
- Educational Statistics
- Field Study
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Integral Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- Modern Geometry
- Number Theory
- Plane Geometry
- Seminar on Technology in Mathematics
- Solid Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- 2021 St. Albertus Magnus Award, University of Santo Tomas – Student Awards
- 2019 Best Presenter, Colegio de San Juan de Letran First International Conference of Interdisciplinary Research
- 2016 Gawad Santo Tomas for Outstanding Teaching (Associate Professor Level), University of Santo Tomas – Dangal ng UST Awards
- Member, American Mathematical Society
- Member, Mathematical Society of the Philippines – NCR (2000-present)
- Member, Philippine Association for Teacher Education (2010-present)
- Member, Catholic Teachers’ Guild of the Philippines (2000-present)
- Member, Philippine Association for Teachers and Educators
- Member, MATHTED, Inc.
- Member, Mathematical Society of the Philippines – NCR
- Member, Mathematics Teachers Association of the Philippines, Inc. – Tertiary Level
- Review Facilitator, Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers
- de Guzman, A., de Castro, B., Adamos, J., & Mesana, J. C. (2020). Examining the role of Facebook use intensity, information-seeking behavior in civic engagement among Filipino youth during the COVID 19 pandemic. QUARANTEEN: Narratives of the Filipino Youth Amidst a Pandemic; Issues, Challenges and Opportunities, 1, 181-210.
- de Guzman, A.B., & Adamos, J.L. (2020). Like the layers of an onion: curricular noticing as a lens to understand the epistemological features of the Philippine K to 12 secondary mathematics curriculum materials. Educational Research for Policy and Practice, 19(3), 389-409. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10671-020-09264-8 [indexed in Scopus and in Clarivate Analytics – Emerging Sources Citation Index]
- Adamos, J., & de Guzman, A. (2020). Rethinking mathematics teaching and learning through the lens of pedagogical relationship. Asian Journal of Educational Research and Synergy.
- Adamos, J. (2015). Assessment of Learning 1. Quezon City: Adriana Publishing Co., Inc.