ABOGADO, fr. Jannel N., O.P.
ABOGADO, fr. Jannel N., O.P.
- Doctor in Theology and Patristic Sciences, Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Lateran University – Rome, Italy, 2013
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies – Quezon City, Philippines, 1999
- Augustinian Studies
- Christological Development during the 5th Century
- Post-Chalcedonian Christological DevelopmentPre-Nicene Theological Trajectories
- The Trinitarian Theology of the Cappadocian Fathers
- Trinitarian Development in the Fourth Century
- Dogma Section Chair, UST Faculty of Sacred Theology (2015-present)
- Professor of Patrology and Dogma, Faculty of Sacred Theology, UST
- Member, Permanent Commission for the Promotion of Studies, Order of Preachers (2017-2023)
- Coordinator of Regents for the Asia-Pacific Region, Order of Preachers (2017-2023)
- Regent of Studies, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2020)
- Director, University of Santo Tomas – Institute of Physical Education and Athletics (until 2020)
- Chair, Commission on Intellectual Life, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2020)
- Moderator, Dominican Center for Institutional Studies, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2018)
- Committee on Affiliation and Incorporation Member, UST Faculty of Sacred Theology (June 2015 – present)
- Member, Faculty Council, Faculty of Sacred Theology, UST (June 2014 – present)
- Director, UST Center for Religious Studies and Ethics
- Regent, UST Junior High School
- Executive Secretary, Episcopal Office on Bioethics, Catholic Conference Bishops of Philippines (October 13, 2014-present)
- Abogado, Jannel, OP. Hilary of Poiters on Conciliating the Homouseans and the Homoeouseans. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2016.
- “Theology of Homoousios in the thought of Athanasius of Alexandria,” in Philippiniana Sacra, 54/162 (May-Aug 2019), 255-278.
- “The Anti-Arian Theology of the Council of Nicea of 325” in Angelicum, 94/2 (2017), 255-286.
- “Manuel Piñon, OP’s Retrieval of the Biblical Significance of the Doctrine of Predestination” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXIV (May-Aug. 2016), 373-401.
- “Hilary of Poitiers making East and West Meet: The Conciliatory Theology of De Synodis,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXII (Sept.-Oct. 2015), 437-472.
- “Persecution and Martyrdom in the Early Church. History, Motives and Theology,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXI (May-Aug. 2015), 207-246.
- “Natural Family Planning, Contraception, and Abortion: A Critical Consideration of the RH Law,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLIX (Sept.-Dec. 2014), 303-328.
- “Kantian Morality as Respect,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLIV (Jan.-Apr. 2009), 61-80.
- “Theological Constants in Tommaso d’Aquino’s Theology of Justice,” co-authored with Ronald Cortel and Joel Sagut, in Philippiniana Sacra XLII (Jan.-Apr. 2008), 33-55.
- “The Cult of Saints among Filipino Catholics: A Study of Inculturation,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLI (Sept.-Dec. 2006), 499-541.
- “The Development of the Practice and the Doctrine of the Cult of Saints in the Catholic Tradition” in Colloquia Manilana (2006), 66-111.