Asst. Prof. Christian Rey D. Rimando, MSPT, PTRP and Asst.…
MANLAPAZ, Donald G.
MANLAPAZ, Donald G.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physiotherapy, University of Otago – New Zealand, 2019
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Philippine Regulation Commission Physical Therapy Licensure Examinations
- US National Physical Therapy Examination, State of New York
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. Exergaming to improve balance and decrease the risk of falling in individuals with knee OA: a feasibility study protocol. Postgraduate Symposium, Centre for Health, Activity, Rehabilitation and Research and School of Physical Education, Sports and Exercise Science, University of Otago. November 2017.
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. 2017. Risk factors for falls in older adult with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review. New Zealand Manipulative Physiotherapy Association (NZMPA) Scientific Conference, Rotorua, New Zealand. August 2017.
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. 2017. A narrative synthesis of Nintendo® Wii FitTM in improving balance among healthy older adults: what system works? Asian Confederation of Physical Therapy (ACPT) Conference 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. October 2016.
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. Factors associated with risk of falling in adults with knee osteoarthritis: a cross-sectional study. Annual European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR) 2018, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. June 2018.
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. 2017. A narrative synthesis of Nintendo ® Wii FitTM in improving balance among healthy older adults: what system works? World Confederation of Physical Therapy – Asian Western Pacific Region Conference (WCPT-AWPR) 2017, Bangkok, Thailand. June 2017.
- Exergaming and assisted technology
- Physical therapy education and clinical practice
- Special Citation – Outstanding Professional in the field of Physical Therapy, PRC, June 2015
- Recipient: University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship, Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Therapy, February 2015
- Best Teacher (Applied Science) Intern’s Choice for Best Teacher in Professional Subject, March 2011
- Cum Laude in Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Santo Tomas, October 2010
- Best Clinical Supervisor (Missionaries of Charity), University of Santo Tomas, College of Rehabilitation Science, March 2009
- 1st Runner up – Best Intern of the Year College of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Santo Tomas, March 2006
- Benavides Award for Most Outstanding Achievement 2006, University of Santo Tomas, March 2006
- Academic Excellence – Dean’s Lister, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Santo Tomas, SY 2001-2002, 2002-2003
- Recipient of Santo Tomas Scholarship, University of Santo Tomas, SY. 2001-2002,2002-2003, 2003-2004
- Champion Kinetiq Quiz Bee, Interschool Competition, December 16, 2004
- Valedictorian and Science and Technology Medalist, Notre Dame of Greater Manila, March 2001
- Recipient of 20th Annual Tribute to Valedictorians, Rotary Club Manila, Century Park Hotel Manila, March 2001
- Vice President, Philippine Physical Therapy Association, 2010-2012
- Lifetime Member, Philippine Physical Therapy Association, 2007-present
- Member Education SIG, Philippine Physical Therapy Association, 2007-present
- Lifetime Member, UST-CRS Alumni Association. 2006-present
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. 2019. Risk Factors for Falls in Adults with Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review. Physical & Medicine Rehabilitation (P&MR), pmrj.12066.
- Alqarni A, Manlapaz DG, Baxter D, Tumilty S, Mani R. 2018. Psychometric properties of the clinical procedures to assess neuroplasticity in patients with musculoskeletal pain: a systematic review. Pain Practice Journal.
- Manlapaz DG, Sole G, Jayakaran P, Chapple CM. 2017. A Narrative Synthesis of Nintendo Wii Fit Gaming Protocol in Addressing Balance Among Healthy Older Adults: What System Works? Games Health Journal. 2, 179–183.
- Fernandopulle, S., Perry, M., Manlapaz, DG, & Jayakaran, P. 2017. Effect of land-based generic physical activity interventions on pain, physical function, and physical performance in hip and knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Manlapaz DG, Nava JB, Abella NP, Salazar JS, Ong RM, Gatmaytan LS, Magbag RM, Noval CF, Duran DD, Bradford MA. 2015. Effectiveness of using Nintendo Wii in Improving Dynamic Standing Balance among well elderly adult in an Institutionalized Center: A Pilot Randomized Control Trial
- Manlapaz DG, Lee LL, Tigno, EL, Dimailig CA, Cruz C, Polintan D, Drapeza R, Lim MO, Arcelona B., Joseph RI, 2012. Effectiveness of using Nintendo Wii in Improving Upper Extremity Function and Quality of Life among Elderly Filipino in an Institutionalized Center in Quezon City: A Randomized Control Trial
- Lipardo, DL, Manlapaz DG, Teh J, Yu B, San Juan S, Saspa A, Manasan I, Molina A, 2011. Construct Validity of Sit-to-Stand Assessment Tool for Chronic Stroke Patients in Metro Manila.
- Manlapaz DG, Jordan C, Cruz PC, Rigor P, Ligan C, Beltran, M, Balisi J, Rodrigo JP, 2010.Effectiveness of Nintendo Wii Fit in Improving Dynamic Standing Balance of Chronic Stroke Patients
- Manlapaz DG, Silverio LA, Regacho M, Canaberal T, Navarro JA, Dela Cruz RB, Ang, M. 2009. Effectiveness of Nintendo Wii in Rehabilitation of Patient with Upper Extremity Hemiparesis.