Mr. Francisco M. Caliwan, Jr. and Mr. Louie Gene G.…
MACABAGO, Sittie Aisha
MACABAGO, Sittie Aisha
Inst. Jame Monren T. Mercado, MACHS of the Department of…
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA, 2021
- Master of Science in Microbiology, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Mapping the Myxomycetes of the Philippines
- Species Distribution Modeling of Myxomycetes
- Molecular phylogenetics and taxonomic studies on the myxomycete genus Arcyria using multiple genetic markers and diagnostic morphological characters
- Ecological modeling to predict species persistence under the changing climate
- Environmental and climate mitigation, science education, and science communication
- Microbial diversity, in vitro culture, metabolite and enzyme production, and biotechnology
- Biofilm-forming marine bacteria
- General zoology,
- Industrial Biotechnology,
- Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology,
- Protozoology and Parasitology
- 2020 James and Carol Hendren Fellowship
- 2015 Fulbright Southeast Asian Grant
- 2013 Fulbright Scholarship
2009 Martin-Baker Research Award
- Honorary advisor (present), President (2014-2015), Fulbright Scholars at the University of Arkansas
- Founding officer, Filipino Students Organization
- Secretary (2011-2013), Philippine Network of Microbial Culture Collections
- Macabago SAB, Dagamac NHA, dela Cruz TEE, and Stephenson SL. 2020. Myxomycetes of the Caramoan Islands and an update on the species found in the Bicol Peninsula, Philippines. Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology 14 (1).
- Macabago SAB, dela Cruz TEE, and Stephenson SL. 2020. Myxomycetes of Coron Island and additions to the Myxomycetes of Palawan group of islands in the Philippines. Karstenia 58 (2), 157– 167.
- Macabago SAB, Dagamac NHA, dela Cruz TEE, and Stephenson SL. 2017. Implications of the role of dispersal on the occurrence of litter-inhabiting myxomycetes in different vegetation types after a disturbance: A case study in Bohol Islands, Philippines. Nova Hedwigia Vol. 104 Issue 1–3, 221–236.
- Macabago SAB, Stephenson SL, and dela Cruz TEE. 2016. Diversity and distribution of myxomycetes in coastal and mountain forests of Lubang Island, Occidental Mindoro, Philippines. Mycosphere 7(1), 18–29.
- Macabago SAB , and dela Cruz TEE. 2014. Preservation and extracellular enzyme production of myxomycetes from Lubang Island, Occidental Mindoro, Philippines. Philippine Science Letters 7(2).
- Macabago SAB, and dela Cruz TEE, 2012. Development of a myxomycete photoguide as a teaching tool for microbial taxonomy. Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education Vol. 13 No.1 pp 67-69.
- Macabago SAB, dela Cruz TEE, and Stephenson SL. 2011. First records of Myxomycetes from Lubang Island, Occidental Mindoro, Philippines. Sydowia 64 (1): 109–118.
- Macabago SAB, Dagamac NHA, and dela Cruz TEE, 2010. Diversity and distribution of plasmodial myxomycetes (slime molds) from La Mesa Ecopark, Quezon City, Philippines. BIOTROPIA Vol. 17 No. 2 pp. 51-61.