ABRANTES, Jose Francis V.
ABRANTES, Jose Francis V.
- Master of Science in Microbiology, National University of Singapore – Singapore, 1994
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1986
- Diploma in Medical Microbiology, Institute for Medical Research – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1990
- Engaging a pioneering study to give scientific basis on freshwater sustainability status and the corresponding people’s mindsets on the long-term availability of this single and most critical natural resource in the Philippines.
- Assessment of Sanitary Quality of Terrestrial and Inland Freshwater Environments in Relation to the Residents’ Knowledge, Awareness, Beliefs, and Consumption Behavior in the Island Province of Siquijor.
- Immunology of Intracellular Microbial Infections
- 2014 First Place Award in Oral Presentation, Dr. Josephine G. Arcilla-Young Biologists’ Forum (YBF) (for Pollen Spectra and Preferences of Tetragonula biroi friese (Order Hymenoptera, Family Apidae) in Los Banos, Laguna), 49th BIOTA Annual National Convention and Scientific Sessions
- 2011 Best Poster Award (for The Polyphasic Identification of Gordonia terrae USTCMS 1066: Its Pharmaceutical Uses for the Initial Screening of Anti-TB Compounds and Natural Products and Its Biotechnological Uses for the Biodegradation of Triphenylamine Dye: Malachite Green and for Carotenoid Production.) 29th Annual Association of Systematic Biologists of the Philippines (ASBP) Scientific Conference.
- Expert Panelist, GMA News TV and GMA News and Public Affairs
- Quinto, E.A., Valdez, M.C., Abrantes, J.F.V., Barcelon, E.G. and C.A. Menguito. (2015). Growth Rate, Malachite Green Biodegradation and Carotenoid Production of Gordonia terrae USTCMS 1066. Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology. Vol. IX: 87-99. (On-line publication).
- Garcia, C.P., Abrantes, J.F.V., Lioanag, L., Macabeo, A.P.G. and E.A. Quinto (2014) Gordonia terrae USTCMS 1066: Its Taxonomy, Antimicrobial Susceptibility Profile, Imidazolium Sensitivity and Evaluation as an Initial Screening Agent for Anti-TB Compounds and Natural Products. Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology. Vol. VIII: 27-45. (On-line publication)
- Gonzaga, N.C., Garvez, M.D., Nogoy, M., Abrantes, F., Ng, M. & Tupasi, T.E. (1997). Morphologic Liver Changes in Hepatitis B: Impact of Interferon. Philippine Journal of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. 26 (2): S61-S66.
- Abrantes, J.F.V. (1991). Molecular Pathogenesis of Pseudomonas pseudomallei. The Singapore Biochemist. 8: 35-39.
- Abrantes, J.F.V., Santos, P.S., Santiago, L.T. and A.S. Raymundo (1988). Antimicrobial Resistance of Commonly-Isolated Bacteria at the Santo Tomas University Hospital (STUH). Acta Manilana. 37: 15-20.