The University of Santo Tomas maintained its status as having the highest number of accredited programs in both the National Capital Region and the Philippines, as certified by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). UST reaped a total of five recognitions during the December 4, 2020 General Assembly of PACUCOA.
The recognitions received by UST were:
- University with the highest number of accredited programs in the Philippines (48 programs)
- Institution with the highest number of accredited programs in the National Capital Region (48 programs)
- Institution with the highest number of Level IV reaccredited programs in the Philippines
- Institution with the highest number of Candidate programs in the Philippines
- First BS Entrepreneurship program to have been granted Level III Reaccredited Status in the National Capital Region
PACUCOA uses a five-level accreditation system, beginning from Candidate status to Level IV, the highest status. For Level IV, among the criteria assessed are teaching and learning outcomes, research productivity, community service, linkages and consortia, career planning and development for students, and planning process.