Seven junior high school campus journalists from The Aquinian, the official student publication of UST Junior High School, were awarded for their journalistic pieces in the 2022 Online Secondary Division Schools Press Conference (DSPC 2022), organized by Department of Education – Manila. The awarding ceremonies were held on June 4, 2022.
The following is the list of the victorious Aquinian staffers:
1) Elijah Gian Franco Baculinao – 1st Place in Feature Writing
2) Franchesca Reese Uy – 1st Place in News Writing
3) Annika Zeline Peralta – 2nd Place in Copyreading and Headline Writing
4) John Ivan Velarde – 6th Place in Sports Writing
5) Juriel Deign Labudahon – 7th Place in Pagsulat ng Balitang Pampalakasan
6) Andre Felice Regis – 7th Place in Pagsulat ng Artikulong Pang-Agham
7) Marion Lapuz – 9th Place in Pagsulat ng Balita
The student publication was also named as the “Second Top Performing School in English” and the “Sixth Best Performing School” in Manila division.
Mr. Joram Kim Corcuera and Ms. Marnelli Regalado, the advisers of the student publication, provided guidance in preparing the award-winning members in the event’s Filipino and English divisions.
First reported by the Aquinian/Clarisse Crisostomo