The Aquinian, the official student publication of the UST Junior High School, bagged 13 individual awards and claimed spots in the different categories of the 2021 Online Division Schools Press Conference (DSPC 2021) – Secondary Level.
With the theme, “Pahayagang Pangkampus: Kaagapay sa Paghilom at Pagbangon ng Sambayanan”, DSPC 2021 started accepting entries on August 10, 2021, while the awarding ceremony was held on September 10, 2021 via livestream on the Department of Education (DepEd) – Manila Facebook page.
Moreover, The Aquinian was also named the “Top Performing School for the English Category”, “2nd Top Performing School for the Filipino Category”, and “the 2nd Best Performing School in the Secondary Level of the entire Division of Manila”.
The following is the list of student journalists who bagged awards in different categories/divisions:
1. Enrique Angelo Ting — 1st Place in Pagkuha ng Larawan
2. Julienne Allison Rengel — 1st Place in Science & Technology Writing
3. Elijah Benedict Fornelos — 1st Place in Pagsulat ng Balitang Pang-Agham
4. John Michael Castillo — 2nd Place in Editorial Writing
5. Elijah Gian Franco Baculinao — 2nd Place in Feature Writing
6. Mark Sebastiane Matibag — 3rd Place in Pagwawasto at Pag-uulo ng Balita
7. Seann Carlo Lalimarmo — 4th Place in Sports Writing
8. Therese Josephine Ibuna — 4th Place in Photojournalism
9. Annika Zeline Peralta — 5th Place in Copyreading & Headline Writing
10. Danielle Noreen Lagdamen — 5th Place in Pagsulat ng Lathalain
11. Chelsea Venice Cruz — 6th Place in Kartuning Pang-editoryal
12. Juriel Deign Labudahon — 10th Place in Pagsulat ng Balitang Pampalakasan
13. Nathaniel James Estavillo — 10th Place in Pagsulat ng Editoryal
English faculty member Mr. Joram Kim Corcuera served as the mentor of the participating Aquinian staffers for both the English and Filipino categories.
DSPC 2021 was organized by DepEd Manila, in partnership with Ramon Magsaysay High School, Manila Science High School, De La Salle University Integrated School – SHS, and Florentino High School.
Layout credit: Alisha Mae Muico, Aeon Ruselle Anzures and Erik Ting
First reported in the Aquinian