VICENTE, Carmina S.
VICENTE, Carmina S.
Asst. Prof. Carmina Sevilla Vicente is a faculty member of the UST College of Education since 2011 where she served as supervising teacher for Pre-school Education Majors. She was a preschool coordinator in Lourdes School Quezon City; President of Asian Science and Technological Institute in Malabon City (2008-2011); and TESDA – NCR Lead Trainer & Assessor for TM1/AM1 (2008-2014).
She was awarded as Most Outstanding Preschool Teacher by the Association of Private Schools Administrators, Inc. (2004) and was the Over-all Batch Leader and Presenter in the Philippine-Japanese JICA Friendship Program for the 21st in Japan (2001). She authored and co-authored research articles published in UST Education Journal (2014) and work-textbooks for the “YOUNG MINDS SERIES: Learning to Speak and Write” for Rex Book Store, Inc. (2000).
She holds a Masters of Arts Degree in Education major in Child Study from the Philippine Normal University and Bachelor of Elementary Education (Cum Laude) and Ph.D. in Development Studies, Major in Educational Development from UST
- Doctor of Philosophy in Development Studies, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2019
- Master of Arts in Education, major in Child Study, Philippe Normal University – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1990
Courses Handled / Professional Activities
- Characteristics of Young Filipinos
- Directed Study in Pre-School Education
- Facilitating Learning
- Field Study 1 and 2
- Organization and Management of Child Development Programs
- Practice Teaching 1 and 2
- Pre-School Curriculum
- Special Topics in Education
- Trends and Issues in Pre-School Education
- Chair of the Department of Elementary Education, University of Santo Tomas College of Education (2019-present)
- Member, Philippine Association for Teacher Education (2014-2016)
- Member, Philippine Society of Certified Assessors and Trainers (2008-present)
- Member, National Organization of Professional Teachers, Inc. (2003-present)
- Member, Association for Childhood Education International – Philippines (2008-2009)