Assoc. Prof. Zenaida F. Velasco, MA of the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics was appointed as First Member of the Continuing Professional Development Council for Nutrition and Dietetics of the…
VELASCO, Zenaida F.
VELASCO, Zenaida F.
Zenaida F. Velasco has manifested leadership and excellence in different Nutrition, Health and Wellness practice areas through high visibility in media, postgraduate education, community extension and research to uplift the corporate and professional image of her profession. As a nutritionist-dietitian-psychologist-educator, she has been recognized by the Professional Regulation Commission and the University of Santo Tomas. She has designed and implemented a Physical/Psychological Enhancement Program and she has also pioneered endeavors in wellness-related entrepreneurial ventures, which created positive impact in marketing the RNDs capability to varied clientele. She orgranized fitness-cum-fund raising activities, spearheaded online elections for NDAP and established the Nutrition & Emotional Wellness Center to provide nutritional management and psychological well-being services.
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1976
Courses Handled / Major Recognitions / Professional Activities
- 2015 Gawad San Lorenzo Ruiz, University of Santo Tomas
- Outstanding Professional in Nutrition and Dietetics, Professional Regulation Commission (2013)
- Member of the Continuing Professional Development Council for Nutrition, Professional Regulation Commission (2018-present)
- President, NDAP (2017-2019)
- Vice-President, NDAP Foundation (2017-2019)
- Treasurer, Philippine Association of Diabetes Educators (2017-2019)
- Nutrition Expert, Avon Philippines (2015-present)
- Nutrition Expert / Consultant, Tupperware Philippines (2015-2016)
- Gonzales-Suarez, C.B., Lee-Pineda, K., Caralipio, N., Grimmer-Somers, K., Sibug, E.O., and Velasco, Z.F. (2013). Is What Filipino Eat Between Meals Associated with Body-Mass Index? Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 27(2), 650-661.