A University of Santo Tomas research group, headed by National
VASQUEZ, Ross D.
VASQUEZ, Ross D.
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in Biological Sciences, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2012
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2005
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1996
- Determination of fucoidan from Sargassum siliquosum with immunomodulatory, cytotoxic, hepatoprotective, anti-coagulant , larvicidal and chemopreventive activities
- Green synthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles from polysaccharides of marine algae with antitumor potential
- Determination of anti-aging activities of sulfated polysaccharides from marine alga
- Biological activities of fucoidan from local marine algae
- Green synthesis of nanoparticles and toxicity study
- Interleukins and cytokines production in mammalian cells
- Immunomodulatory effects of sulfated polysaccharides from local marine algae
- Academic Excellence in Science, DOST-SEI 2012
- DOST-PCHRD PhD Scholar, 2009-2012
- Administrator, Laboratory Equipment and Supplies Office (2009-present) University of Santo Tomas
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
- Co-Chair, Ethics Review Committee Faculty of Pharmacy
- Reviewer, Journal of Applied (Springer); Biologia (Springer); Journal of Bioanalysis and Biomedicine (OMICS International)
- Vasquez, R.D., Ramos, J D., Apostol, J. A., Morales, M.C. 2012. “Hepatoprotective effects of aqueous sulphated polysaccharide extract from Sargassum siliquosum J. G. Agardh on Paracetamol-induced oxidative liver toxicity and antioxidant properties” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Frontier Research, 2(1), 15-27.
- Vasquez, R. D. and Ramos, J. D., Samuel D. B. 2012. “Chemopreventive properties of sulfated polysaccharide from Sargassum siliquosum J. G. Agardh (Sargassaceae).” International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 3(3), 333-345.
- Vasquez, R.D., Garcia-Meim, R. P & Ramos, J. D. A. 2014. “Polysaccharide Extracts from Sargassum siliquosum J. G. Agardh Modulates Production of Pro-inflammatory Cytokines in LPS-induced PBMC and Delays Coagulation Time in-vitro. “Journal of Harmonized Research in Pharmacy 3(3): 101-111.
- Garcia-Meim, R., Geotina, J. M., Llado, M. A., Regala, K., Sy, G., Tan, D., Tomagan, J. M., Flores, A. R. & Vasquez, R. D. 2014. “Larvicidal Activity of Fucoidan and Aqueous Extracts of Sargassum siliquosum J. G. Agardh Against Aedes aegypti mosquito. Asia Pacific Journal of Medical Laboratory Science 2: 9-18.