An alumnus and two faculty members of the Department of…
SANTIAGO, Librado A.
SANTIAGO, Librado A.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Okayama University Medical School – Okayama, Japan, 1995
- Master of Science, Gifu University – Gifu, Japan, 1990
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1981
- Bioactive peptides in Philippine Tarantula Phlogiellus bundokalbo (Theraphosidae) as Therapeutics
- Discovery of a highly flocculating, thermophilic, and osmotolerant Saccharomyces cereviseae from sugarcane molasses for commercial ethanol production
- Research and development of a commercially available functional food/supplement from Carica papaya L. (Solo variant), called “Bio-catalyzer™” and “Bio-normalizer™”.
- Cytotoxic and apoptotic activity of Ficus pseudoplama Blanco (Moraceae) against human prostate cancer (PRST2) and hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2) cells
- Biological, biochemical and pharmacological studies on selected Philippine endemic, indigenous ethnomedicinal Ficus species: F. nota, F. fiskei, F. ulmifolia, F. odorata, and F. pseudopalma
- Cytotoxicity and antioxidant activities of phenolics in Virgin Coconut Oil
- Effect of Virgin Coconut Oil on Humans, with Emphasis on Cholesterol
- Biomedical research in neurodegenerative cardiovascular, cancer, and diabetes mellitus Type 2
- Free radical biology, antioxidants, nutraceuticals
- Natural products and wellness
- Spider venom
- Gold Series Awardee & International Publication/s Awardee, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2016
- Best Published Research (Health Sciences) Award / Gawad San Alberto Magno, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2015
- Outstanding Researcher (Health Sciences) Award / Gawad San Alberto Magno, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2014
- Chair, UST Graduate School Ethics Review Committee
- Chair, UST Faculty of Pharmacy School Ethics Review Committee
- Coordinator, Research Management Group of the UST Faculty of Pharmacy
- Scientific Committee Member, 6th Edition of the Philippine Pharmaceutical Research Congress, 2017
- Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (2016-present)
- Member – Scientific Committee, 6th Philippine Pharmaceutical Research Congress (2017)
- Member, Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology (from 1992)
- Member, Philippine Biosafety and Biosecurity Association (2016 & 2017)
- Member, Philippine Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (1982-present)
- Member, Oxygen Club of Asia (1993)
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences (1995)
- Member, Japan Biochemical Society (1988-1990)
- LA Santiago, PJO Pineda, MLG Gerona. 2016. Preliminary study on the acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity of Ipomoea muricata (Linnaeus). International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 7(1): 108-114.
- LA Santiago L A, ABR Mayor. Mayor 2015. Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Effects of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae) Against Hepatocarcinoma (HepG2). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 8(2): 257-261.
- LA Santiago, ABR Mayor. 2014. Lupeol: An Antioxidant Triterpene in Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae). Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical. Biomedicine 4(2): 109-118. Elsevier
- MC De Las Llagas, LA Santiago, JD Ramos. 2014. Cytotoxicity and Apoptotic Activity of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco Leaf Extracts Against Human Prostate Cancer Cell Lines. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 13 (1): 93-100. Elsevier
- MC De Las Llagas, LA Santiago, JD Ramos. 2014. Antibacterial Activity of Crude Ethanolic Extract and Solvent Fractions of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco Leaves. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases. 4 (5): 367-371. Elsevier
- LA Santiago, ABR Mayor. 2014. Prooxidant Effect of the Crude Ethanolic Leaf Extract of Ficus odorata Blanco Merr. In vitro: Its Medical Significance. International Journal of Biological, Life Sciences and Engineering. 8 (1): 19-26. ISI