A total of 121 faculty members were recognized in the
SAGUT, Joel C.
SAGUT, Joel C.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2015
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Post-Baccalaureate Degree in Teacher’s Education, Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Master of Arts in Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies – Quezon City, Philippines, 2001
- Catholic Social Thought
- Political and Social Philosophy
- Moral Philosophy
- Faculty Secretary, University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Sacred Theology, Faculty of Philosophy, and Faculty of Canon Law
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Associate Member, Council for Research in Values and Philosophy (since 2011)
- Scientific Committee Member, Studia Gilsoniana
- Book Review Editor, Philippiniana Sacra (2009-present)
- Associate Editor, Boletin Eclesiastico de Filipinas (2009-present)
- Member, Philosophical Association of the Philippines
- Sagut, Joel. “Tradition-Neutral Moral Standards: Liberalism and Alasdair MacIntyre,” Studium: Revista Cuarimestral de Filosofia Y Teologia, vol. LIX, no. 1 (2019): 109-138.
- Sagut, Joel. “On Death and Indifference,” THIRD MILLENNIUM: Indian Journal of Evangelization, vol. XXI, no. 4 (January – March 2018): 26-40. 27-36
- Sagut, Joel. “Moral Education in a Craft-Tradition,” Philosophical News, No. 12 (June 2016), pp. 73-85 (http://www.philosophicalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/12.8.pdf).
- Sagut, Joel. “Fidelity and Moral Agency,” Theology and Thought, no. 77 (2016), 255-273. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.21731/ctat.2016.77.255
- Sagut, Joel. “Norberto Castillo, OP on the Phases of Scientific Discovery as Model for a Tradition in Moral Enquiry.” Philippiniana Sacra vol. 51/153 (2016): 443-461.
- Sagut, Joel and Louie Coronel, OP. “Publications of Dominicans at the University of Santo Tomas: 1963-1971.” Philippiniana Sacra vol. 50, no. (2016): 297-328.
- Sagut, Joel. “Human Good, Virtues and Practice: MacIntyre’s Account of a Thomistic-Aristotelian Practical Rationality,” Studia Elckie, vol. 17, no. 2 (2015): 98-117.
- Sagut, Joel and Norberto Castillo, OP. “Alasdair MacIntyre on Thomism and the Status of Modern Moral Inquiry,” Philippiniana Sacra 50/149 (2015), 47-70.
- Castillo, Norberto, OP and Sagut, Joel C. “MacIntyre on Liberalism: Where May the MacIntyrean Project Proceed?” Colloquia Manilana vol. 22 (2014), pp. 3-25.
- Sagut, Joel. “On Responsibility and Empowerment: Critiquing the Logic of RH Law.” Philippiniana Sacra 49/148 (September – December 2014): 329-352.