The University of Santo Tomas Bachelor’s degree programs in Engineering…
QUILING, Tito Jr., R.
QUILING, Tito Jr., R.
Tito R. Quiling, Jr. is an instructor at the Department of Communication and Media Studies of the UST Faculty of Arts and Letters. At present, he is a PhD student at Monash University in Australia. He is an Associate Editor for Pelikula Journal and is the current Chair of the Young Critics Circle Film Desk. His writing and research interests center on Philippine and Asian cinemas, cultural heritage, geography and spatial studies, urban studies, and architectural studies.
- Master of Arts in Media Studies major in Film, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Literature, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2011
- Philippine and Asian cinemas
- Cultural heritage
- Geography and Spatial studies
- Urban studies
- Architectural studies
- Introduction to Communication and Media
- Communication Theory
- Communication, Culture, and Society
- Special Topics in Philippine Cinema
- Thesis Writing 2: Thesis Colloquium
- Outstanding Thesis, A.B. in Literature, UST Faculty of Arts and Letters, A.Y. 2010 – 2011
- College Scholar, UP Film Institute, UP College of Mass Communication, A.Y. 2011 – 2012
- University Scholar, University of the Philippines Diliman, A.Y. 2013 – 2014
- Best Thesis, M.A. in Media Studies – Film, UP College of Mass Communication, 2015
- Associate Editor, Pelikula Journal, 2019 – Present
- Curator, Scenes Reclaimed: CCP 50 x Cinemalaya 15, 2019
- Co-author, Scenes Reclaimed (2021)
- Chair, Young Critics Circle Film Desk (YCC Film Desk) (2021-2022)
- Advisory Board Member, ImaheNasyon: Journal on Multimedia Arts and Film, 2022,
- Member, Asian Cinema Studies Society (ACSS)
- Member, Association for Southeast Asian Cinemas (ASEAC)
- Member, Philippine Association of Communication Educators (PACE)
- Quiling, T. (2018). “House of Cards: The One-and-a-Half story House in Kisapmata (1980)” in Unitas: International Online Journal for Advanced Research in Literature, Culture, and Society (Vol. 91, No. 1), Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Santo Tomas, Manila.
- Quiling, T. R. (2019). “Building Meanings: Memory and Place Attachment in Architecture 101 (2012)” in “Ten Years Later: A Special Issue Dedicated to Alexis Tioseco and Nika Bohinc”, NANG Magazine, Cinemasias Editions, South Korea, Italy, and Sweden.
- Quiling, T. R. (2019). “Between Remembrances and Erasures: The Architecture of Memory in A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino (1965)” in Espasyó: Journal of Philippine Architecture and the Allied Arts, National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
- Quiling, T. R. (2020). “Altered Landscapes and Filmic Environments: An Account from the 13th Asian Cinema Studies Society Conference” in Screen Bodies: The Journal of Embodiment, Media Arts, and Technology (Vol. 4, Issue 1, Summer 2019), Berghahn Journals, Oxford, United Kingdom.
Campos, P. F., Castro, K. F., Quiling, T. R., Sonido, L. J. (2021). Scenes Reclaimed: CCP 50 x Cinemalaya 15 (copyright 2020), published by the Film, Broadcast, and New Media Division, Cultural Center of the Philippines, Pasay City.
- Quiling, T. (2021). “Fragments, Links, and Palimpsests: A Review of Southeast Asia on Screen: From Independence to Financial Crisis (1945–1998)” in Plaridel: A Philippine Journal of Communication, Media, and Society, (Vol. 14, Issue 1) College of Mass Communication, University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Quiling, T. (2021). “Urban Images in Philippine Cinema During Martial Law” from Post-Colonial to Contemporary Era in Arkitekturang Pilipino: A History of Architecture and the Built Environment in the Philippines (Vol. 2) [ISBN: 978-621-96242-2-0] by Dr. Gerard Lico, University of the Philippines Press, Diliman, Quezon City.