The Faculty of Engineering sent six faculty members on Study…
PANGILINAN, Marites R.
PANGILINAN, Marites R.
Engr. Marites Pangilinan graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Santo Tomas (UST). She also took up a Master in Business Administration at Laguna Northwestern College and graduated in 2019. She has attended international and local training in MV and LV electrical system design and testing of electrical equipment in several countries in Asia, USA, London, France, Czech Republic, and Germany.
She is a Professional Electrical Engineer (PEE) since 1994 and is currently the Vice President for Operation and General Manager of Alternative Power Solutions, Inc. (APSI). Her professional affiliation includes being the Vice-chairman of the IIEE Philippine Electrical Code (PEC) 1 Committee-IIEE, a member of the IIEE Standards Committee, and TWG Chairman for Hospital Facilities Design commissioned by the Philippine Regulation Commission. She was appointed last year to be a member of CPSP-CATS by the Philippine Regulation Commission.
Her research interests are Power Quality Improvement, Electrical Insulation Protection, and Coordination and Electrical Construction Management.
- Master in Business Administration, Laguna Northwestern College – Laguna, Philippines, 2019
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines
- Power Quality Improvement
- Low and High Voltage Insulation Coordination
- Project Construction Management
- Electrical System Design
- EE Laws, contracts and Ethics
- Engineering Utilities
- Electrical Standards and Practices
- Distribution System and Substation Design Lab
- Senior Grade Awardee, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines, 2017
- Fellow Grade Awardee, Integrated Institute of Electrical Engineers of the Philippines, 2021
- Member, Career Progression Specialization Program – Credit Accumulation Transfer System (CPSP-CATS) of the Philippine Regulation Commission since 2021
- Vice-Chairman, Philippine Electrical Code 1 Committee, IIEE
- Member, TWG Philippine Electrical Code 3, IIEE
- TWG Chairman, Planning and Design Guidelines for Hospital Facilities 2021 soon to be published by PRC
- Member, Standards Committee, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines (IIEE)
- Philippine Electrical Code 2017 Part 1 published December 2017 (IIEE Book in collaboration with PEC 1 committee members)
- Guide for the Design and Installation of Services 1st publication ISBN 978-971-9658-00-9 on Nov. 2014 and 2nd publication on 2017 (IIEE Book in collaboration with Standards Committee members)
- Short Circuit Calculations And Their Implications published March 2011 (IIEE Technical Report in collaboration with Standards Committee members)