PACIA, Rose Mardie P.
PACIA, Rose Mardie P.
Engr. Rose Mardie P. Pacia is an Instructor and Laboratory Supervisor in the Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Santo Tomas. She obtained her BS in Chemical Engineering degree from the University of Santo Tomas, where she graduated Cum Laude in 2013. She started her career as a faculty member of the Department of Chemical Engineering at UST in the same year. In 2016, she pursued her MS in Chemical Engineering degree at Kongju National University in South Korea and completed it (with high distinction equivalent to batch valedictorian of the graduating class of the Graduate School of Engineering) in 2018. Currently, she is a member of the National Research Council of the Philippines and the Public Relations Officer of the Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers – Metro Manila Academe Chapter (PICHE – MMAC).
UST recognizes research achievements of faculty
A total of 121 faculty members were recognized in the…
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University – Cheonan, South Korea, 2018
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2013
- Synthesis and evaluation of amine-functionalized adsorbents for post-combustion CO2 capture
- CO2 Capture and Sequestration (CCS)
- Chemistry Applications in Engineering Lecture and Laboratory
- Physics for Engineers Lecture and Laboratory
- Chemical Engineering Calculations
- Industrial Process Calculations Computational Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry for Engineers 1 Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry for Engineers 2 Laboratory
- Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering
- Separation Processes, Chemical Engineering Laboratory 1
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory 2
- The Graduate School of Engineering Achievement Award (Summa Cum Laude and Valedictorian of Graduating Class), Kongju National University, August 2018
- Best in Poster, Korean Society of Industrial Chemistry, October 28, 2016
- Cum Laude, University of Santo Tomas, April 4, 2013
- PRO, Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers-Metro Manila Academe Chapter (2021 – present)
- Laboratory Supervisor, Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas (2019 – present)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers (2015 – present)
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP) (2019 – present)
- Cabriga, C.K.C., Clarete K.V.B., Zhang, J.A.T., Pacia, R.M.P. Ko, Y.S., and Castro, J.C. (2021). Evaluation of biochar derived from the slow pyrolysis of rice straw as a potential adsorbent for carbon dioxide. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 1-8.
- Sim, T.J., Pacia, R.M.P., and Ko, Y.S. (2020). Preparation of CO2 adsorbent with N1-(3-(trimethoxysilyl) propyl)-1, 3-propanediamine and its performance. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 37, 1515-1521.
- Pacia, R.M.P., Manianglung, C., and Ko, Y.S. (2019). In Situ IR Study on Effect of Alkyl Chain Length between Amines on Its Stability against Acidic Gases. Catalysts, 910.
- Manianglung, C., Pacia, R.M.P., and Ko, Y.S. (2019). Synergistic effect of blended primary and secondary amines functionalized onto the silica on CO2 capture performance. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 36, 1267-1273.
- Celedonio, J.M., Pacia, R.M.P., and Ko, Y.S. (2018). Spectroscopic study on multicyclic and long-time stability of CO2 adsorbent in flue gas conditions. Catalysis Today, 303, 55-63.
- Pacia, R.M.P., Pyo, S.W., and Ko, Y.S. (2017). Synthesis and Adsorption Characteristics of Guanidine-based CO2 Adsorbent. Applied Chemistry for Engineering, 28, 473-478.
- Pacia, R.M.P., Kim, S.H., Lee, J.S., and Ko, Y.S. (2016). Immobilization of Late Transition Metal Catalyst on the Amino-functionalized Silica and Its Norbornene Polymerization. Applied Chemistry for Engineering, 27, 313-318.