MATIENZO, Rhochie Avelino E.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Magna cum Laude) (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Licentiate in Philosophy (Cum Laude) (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
- Bachelor of Philosophy (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
Asst. Prof. Matienzo’s studies focus on the application of philosophy the philosophy of existentialism to the Filipino culture and society, particularly on folk spirituality. His studies cross the fields of anthropology, history, education, and religion aimed at a more comprehensive and meaningful investigation of religious phenomena in the Philippines.
- Philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philippine Studies
- Filipino Philosophy
- Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy and the Graduate School, University of Santo Tomas
- Vice President, Bukluran ng mga Mananaliksik na Taga-Ilog
- Member, Editorial Board of the International Journal for Religious and Philosophical Studies, Philosophical Association of the Philippines (PAP), Philosophical Association of Northern Luzon (PANL) , Philosophical Association of Visayas and Mindanao (PHAVISMINDA), Philippine National Philosophical Research Society (PNPRS)
- “The Quiapo Leap: A Kierkegaardian Reading of the Religious Experience of the Black Nazarene Popular Devotion”, Kritike, vol. 10., no. 2, (December 2016), pp. 29-43.
- “The Religious Experience of Hermano Puli’s Cofradia and the Seeding of the 1896 Philippine Revolution: A Kierkegaardian Reading of Reynaldo Ileto’s Pasyon and Revolution”, Suri, vol. 5, no. 2, (April, 2016), pp. 106 – 119.
- “Revisiting the Philosophy of Bahala Na Folk Spirituality”, Filocracia, vol. 2, no. 2, (August, 2015), pp. 86-105.
- “Kierkegaard in Quiapo!: An Existential Look at the Quiapo Black Nazarene Popular Religious Experience”, Scientia, vol. 3. no. 1, (June, 2014), pp. 43-71.