The Faculty of Engineering sent six faculty members on Study…
LEYNES, Fortunato C.
LEYNES, Fortunato C.
Fortunato C. Leynes obtained his degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Santo Tomas. He earned his post-graduate degree in Executive Master in Business Administration from the Asian Institute of Management. He is also a graduate of the prestigious General Electric Power System Engineering Course in Schenectady, New York, USA, and the Meralco Power Utility Engineering Program. He has more than 40 years experience in the different sectors of the Philippine electric power industry; currently an Independent Director of the Philippine Electricity Market Corporation (PMEC) and Chairman of the Renewable Energy Market Governance Committee. He was Chairman of the Professional Regulatory Board of Electrical Engineering, Professional Regulation Commission, Vice President at Manila Electric Company, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Clark Electric Distribution Corporation, and Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) in Nigeria.
He is Professional Electrical Engineer, a registered ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineer and APEC Engineer, Fellow of the Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Phils., Inc. (IIEE).
- Executive Master in Business Administration, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2015
Power System Engineering
- EE 511 – Power System Analysis 1
- EE 521 – Power System Analysis 2
- EE 2313 – EE Law, Codes and Professional Ethics
- EE 2325 – Power System Analysis 1
- EE 2331 – Power System Analysis 2
- EE 2314 – EE on-the-job-training
- CE 228 – Engineering Utilities 1 (EE)
- Thomasian Engineer Hall of Fame Awardee
- Fellow, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Phils., Inc. (IIEE)
- First Placer, Licensure Examinations for Professional Electrical Engineers, 1984
- Chairman, College of Fellows, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Phils., Inc. (IIEE)
- Chairman, Specialty Committee, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Phils., Inc. (IIEE)