The University of Santo Tomas Bachelor’s degree programs in Engineering…
HERNANDEZ, Jean Paolo R.
HERNANDEZ, Jean Paolo R.
Jean Paolo (Nico) R. Hernandez is an award-winning film and television director. A member of the President’s Honor of the Academy of Art University, San Francisco, California, USA, graduating with a Master of Fine Arts degree in Motion Picture and Television, His works as a director range from internationally acclaimed documentaries, TV programs, music videos, commercials, as well as short films. His most recent work as a director is the iWant Original Documentary Series, ‘The Last Manilaners’ featuring the lives of Jews saved by the Philippines during the time of Hitler.
Mr. Hernandez is the Head of Creatives of ABS-CBN’s iWantTFC, the first Filipino-owned digital streaming service to stream in all regions worldwide. As a creative professional with a strong understanding of global OTT streaming operations from content production, programming and curation, and platform publishing for apps, web apps, connected TVs, and digital streaming lean-back devices, he has led overall creatives for two app launches and rolled out over a thousand creative executions for content, as well as digital platform marketing, intended for content consumers of Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East, and North and Latin American territories.
- Master of Fine Arts major in Motion Picture and Television, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Digital Media
- Film and Television
- Introduction to Film
- Television Production
- Best Documentary Series, “The Last Manilaners”, Asian Academy Creative Awards, Nationals, 2020
- Best Documentary Series, “The Last Manilaners”, Asian Television Awards, Nominee, 2020
- Exhibition, “Tatang”, Tampere International Film Festival – Finland, 2013
- Winner, Current Affairs – “Krusada”, New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards, 2013
- Best Reality Game Show, “I Dare You” – PMPC Star awards, 2012
- Best Docudrama, “I Survived”, New York Festivals International TV & Film Awards, 2011
- Exhibition, “Tatang” , Interfilm Film Festival – Berlin, 2011
- Official Selection, “Tatang”, San Diego Asian Film Festival, 2010
- Official Selection, “Tatang”, Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival, 2009
- Official Selection, “Tatang”, Gold Lion Film Festival – Swaziland, 2009
- Best Documentary Series, “I Survived”, Asian Television Awards, Nominee, 2009
- Audience Choice, Asian Cinevision, Asian American International Film Festival New York, 2010
- Audience Choice, Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival, 2009
- Hoso Bunka Foundation Prize, Japan Prize International Educational Program Contest, 2002
Professional Activities and Extension Services
- Member, Southeast Asian Media Studies Association (SEAMSA)
- Member, Philippine Association of Communication Educators (PACE)
- Member, Philippine Association for Communication and Media Research (PACMRI)
- Speaker, Unang Pambansang Webinar sa Presentasyon ng mga Papel sa Pananaliksik sa Wika, Panitikan, at Pelikula, 2020