Prof. Aleth Therese L. Dacanay, PhD, Dean of the Faculty
DACANAY, Aleth Therese L.
In conjunction with World Pharmacists’ Day, the Faculty of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2013
- Master of Science in Pharmacy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1989
- “Safety Evaluation of the Essential Oil from the Dried leaves of Pogostemon cablin (Blanco) Benth. (Lamiaceae)”
- “Chitosan: A Promising Anti-inflammatory Agent against Bacterial Endotoxin Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced Inflammation”
- “A comparative Study on the Antipsychotic Activity of the Crude Ethanolic and Aqueous Extract from the Leaves of Saccharum spontaneum (Poaceae) on ICR Mice”
- Safety and Bioefficacy Evaluation of the Essential Oil from the Dried Leaves of Pogestemon cablin(Blanco) Benth. (Lamiaceae)
- Anti-inflammatory Screening of the Aqueous and Ethanol Extract of Plantago major L. leaves on 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene(DNFB)-induced Contact Hypersensitivity in Female Balb/c Mice
- Preformulation and formulation of natural products
- Preclinical/ clinical studies of formulated drugs and natural products
- Bioefficacy studies
- Pharmacological studies of natural products
- Most Outstanding Professional in Pharmacy – Professional Regulation Commission, 2018
- Outstanding Pharmacist in Education – Philippine Pharmacists Association, 2016
- St. Antoninus of Florence Award Ooutstanding Alumni Award – UST Graduate School Alumni Association
- DOST-SEI Scholarship and Academic Excellence Award – July 2013
- Amy Intellectual Property Awards – Finalist – Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry & IPO-PHIL, October 2012
- Member, Commission on Higher Education Technical Committee on Pharmacy Education
- President, Philippine Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Member, Professional Regulation Commission CPD Council for Pharmacy
- Accreditor, Philippine Association of Colleges & Universities – Commission on Accreditation
- Assessor, ASEAN University Network – Quality Assurance
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Pharmacy Teaching and Practices (IJPTP)
- Advisory Board Member, Journal of Pharmaceutical & Scientific Innovation (JPSI)
- Reviewer, Philippine Science Letters
- “Antibacterial and mosquito larvicidal activity of Ficus casiguranensis and Ficus camarinensis leaves” by John Benson D. Choa, Aleth L. Dacanay, Mario A. Tan in Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2014, (5):1351-1354, ISSN : 0975-7384; CODEN(USA) : JCPRC5
- “Comparative Hypolipidemic Properties Between the Lyophilized Fruit Juice of Morinda citrifolia L. (Rubiaceae) and Lyophilized Commercial Noni Juice in Triton and Atherogenic Diet – Induced Dyslipidemic Rats” by Gerard Q. De Guzman, Mafel Ysrael, Aleth Therese L. Dacanay and Agnes D. Dimaano, International Journal of Pharmacy Teaching and Practices, Vol 4:2 (2013) pages 631-635.
- “The Emerging Roles of Pharmacists in Selected Tertiary Hospitals in Pangasinan and La Union: Focus on Pharmaceutical Care and Pharmacovigilance” by Gerard Q. De Guzman and Aleth Therese L. Dacanay in International Journal of Pharmacy Teaching and Practices, Vol 4:2 (2013) pages 582-586.
- “Safety Evaluation of the Essential Oil from the Dried leaves of Pogostemon cablin (Blanco) Benth. (Lamiaceae)” by Aleth Therese L. Dacanay and Marina O. Osi in IJPI’s Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, ISSN 2229-6859. Vol 2:10 (2012).