CASTILLO, Agnes L.
CASTILLO, Agnes L.
AGNES L. CASTILLO, Ph.D. is recognized as one of the 25 recipients of the Philippine Men and Women of Science awarded by the DOST in 2015. She was also a DOST-SEI SCHOLARSHIP Awardee in 2010-2012 and received the DOST ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AWARD in July 2013. Currently, she is a faculty member of the UST Faculty of Pharmacy and The Graduate School and a resident researcher at the UST Research Center for the Natural and Applied Sciences. In Dec 2014, Dr. Castillo was also chosen as the recipient of the Dr. Alfredo C. Santos Award which is given to young PhD natural product scientist by Natural Products Society of the Philippines (NPSP). Her works on pharmacology of natural product and its development like Tinospora lotion and drug delivery systems have been published in Scopus indexed, peer-reviewed national and international journals and had won research paper/poster contests.
Dr. Castillo is a registered pharmacist and a botanist and a member of the PPhA, PACOP, NPSP, NRCP and ACCP. She is also the current Coordinator for Internationalization, Mobility and Linkages of the Faculty of Pharmacy. She is has several research projects funded by CHED, PITAHC and NRCP. She received the Professional Advancement Grant under the K to 12 Transition Program to pursue the Clinical Summer Pharmacy Program of the College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois Chicago (USA) in May 2017. She was one of the recipients of the Gold Series Award AY 2014-2016 and International Publication Award AY 2014-2017 given by the Office of the Vice Rector for Research and Innovations (OVRRI), University of Santo Tomas in March 16, 2018.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2012
- Master of Science in Pharmacy (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Botany (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- IL-1,6,8 and MCP-1 Modulation and Anti-scabies activities of Tinospora rumphii Boerl lotion in Sarcoptes scabeie var hominis –infected patients
- Tinospora cordifolia Lotion: An Antiscabies agent in Sarcoptes scabiei var hominis– Infected Pediatric Patients: A Pilot study
- Product Development
- Natural Products
- 2015 Philippine Men and Women of Science
- 2014 The Dr. Alfredo C. Santos Award for young PhD Scientist, Natural Products Society of the Philippines
- 2013 Scholarship and Academic Excellence Award, Department of Science and Technology.- Science Education Institute
- Top 2 – 2003 Licensure Examinations for Pharmacists, Professional Regulation Commission
- 2003 Silver Medal, Philippine Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Coordinator for International Relations, University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Pharmacy
- Member, Philippine Pharmacists Association
- Member, Philippine Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Member, Natural Products Society of the Philippines
- Regular Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Associate Member, American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Reviewer, Alcohol and Alcoholism published by the Oxford University Press
- M.V. Dazal, E. Gonzales, A. K. Sabino, R. G. Salazar, B. M. Samar, M. Y. San Juan, A. Castillo, 2015. “Controlling Biofilm Formation by Inhibiting the Quorum-Sensing 2. Activity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa using the Ethanolic Extracts of Piper nigrum (Piperaceae) Fruit, Punica granatum (Lythraceae) Pericarp, and Pisum sativum (Fabaceae) Seed “. Intl Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Drug Research Vol 7, Issue 4 pp. 349-353.
- AL Castillo, JDA Ramos, JL De Francia, PF Quilala, MU Dujunco , 2014. “Immunomodulatory Effects Of Tinospora Cordifolia Lotion On Interleukin-1, Interleukin-6 And Interleukin-8 Levels In Scabies-Infected Pediatric Patients: A Single Blind, Randomized Trial”. Intl Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Drug Research Vol 6 Issue 3 pp. 204-210.
- A Castillo, M Osi, JD Ramos, J De Francia, M Dujunco, P Quilala, 2013. “Efficacy and Safety of Tinospora cordifolia Boerl Lotion in Sarcoptes scabiei var hominis–Infected Pediatric Patients: A Single blind, Randomized Controlled Trial”.Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, Vol.4 Issue 1 pp.39-46.
- TPerez-Chua, A Paliza, A Castillo, 2012.”Randomized Assessor Blind Clinical trial on the safety and efficacy of the Aromatic oil shampoo vs 1%Permethrin shampoo in the treatment of pediculosis capitis”. Philippine Journal of Dermatological Society Vol. 21 Issue 2 pp. 23- 29.