The UST Ecclesiastical Faculties, in cooperation with the Center for…
BASAS, Allan A.
BASAS, Allan A.
During the June 29 – July 1, 2017 Concilium Manila…
- Doctor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2016
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Master of Arts in Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies – Quezon City, Philippines, 1997
Bayanihan as Inter-Subjectivity: An Inculturation Tool for the PCP II’s Church in the Philippines
- Intercultural Studies
- Institute Secretary, Institute of Religion
- Member, International Sociological Association, 2013 – 2016
- Member, South and Southeast Asian Association for the Study of Culture and Religion, 2012 – 2015
- Member, Bioethics Society of the Philippines, Lifetime member
- Basas, Allan. “Inculturation: An Ongoing Drama of Faith-Culture Dialogue.” Scientia 9, 1 (2020): 92-108.
- Basas, Allan. “Refiguring the Ecclesiology of the Second Plenary Council of the Philippines for Filipino Catholics.” Philippiniana Sacra. LIV, 16 (2019): 3-22.
- Basas, Allan. “Critical Theory and Theology of the Signs of the Times: Towards an Emancipated Humanity.” Social Ethics Journal of Applied Philosophy. 4, 1 (2018).
- Basas, Allan. “The Enduring Teachings of Humanae Vitae on Marriage and Family: Affirming the Unitive and Procreative Significance.” Colloquia Manila. 25 (2017).
- Basas, Allan. “Popular Religiosity in the Philippines: A Model of Partnership and Mutuality Between Theology and Culture.” South and Southeast Asia Culture and Religion: The SSEASR Journal, 9 (2015): 37-51.
- Basas, Allan. “The Religious Culture of Filipino Catholics: An Appraisal of Popular Religiosity in the Philippines” Boletin Ecclesiastico de Filipinas, University of Santo Tomas. 88, 981 (2012): 345-360.
- Basas, Allan. “The Individual as Inter-Subjective in the Filipino Tradition of Bayanihan and the Thomistic Concept of Community: A Comparative Study.” Proceedings of the Quadricentennial International Philosophy Congress: Thomism and Asian Cultures. Manila: University of Santo Tomas, 2011. 427-435. ISBN:978-971-506-672-3
- Basas, Allan. “Liturgical Inculturation as the Interruption of God in the Rituals of Life: A Correlation of Mutual Enrichment Between Theology and Culture.” Boletin Ecclesiastico de Filipinas, University of Santo Tomas 87, 884 (2011): 271-284. ISSN: 1908-5567
- Basas, Allan. Ed. Institute of Religion Research: An Anthology, In Celebration of 75 Years of Grateful Existence and Graceful Service. University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, 2009. ISBN: 978-971-506-620-4