The UST Ecclesiastical Faculties, in cooperation with the Center for…
AGUAS, Jove Jim S.
AGUAS, Jove Jim S.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1995
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1991
- Licentiate in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1987
- The Good and Happy Life: An Introduction to Ethical Systems and Theories (With Selected Primary Texts), Manila: UST Publishing House, 2019.
- Person, Action and Love: The Philosophical Thoughts of Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II). Manila: University of Santo Tomas Publishing House. 2014.
- Intercultural and Inter-religious Dialogue
- Philosophy of Religion
- 2018 Lifetime Service Awardee, Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies
- 2018 Silver Series Awardee, University of Santo Tomas Research Awards for 2014-2016
- 2016 Gold Series Awardee, University of Santo Tomas Research Awards for 2012-2014
- 2016 Hall of Fame Awardee,University of Santo Tomas – Dangal ng UST Awards
- 2015 Gawad San Alberto Magno for Outstanding Research in the Humanities, University of Santo Tomas
- 2010 and 2014 Gawad Santo Tomas for Outstanding Teaching (Professor Level), University of Santo Tomas
- 2014 Distinguished Faculty Award, University of Santo Tomas Graduate School
- President, Philosophical Association of the Philippines, 1999-2001, 2001-2003, 2003-2005, 2005-2007, 2007-2010, 2010-2012
- Ex-Officio Board Member, Philippine National Philosophical Research Society, 2010-2013
- Vice Executive Governor, Philippine National Philosophical Research Society, 2012 – 2016.
- Associate Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP), 2016
- Executive Governor, Philippine National Philosophical Research Society, 2017
- Member, Association of Asian Christian Philosophers, 1994 to present.
- Member, International Society for Metaphysics, 2002 – present
- Associate Editor, Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy June 2012 – September 2017
- Editor-in-Chief, Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy October 2017 to present
- Board Member, Philosophical Association of the Philippines (PAP), Inc. 2012 – present
- Member, Asian Association of Christian Philosophers (AACP)
- Co-Editor, three volumes of the PAP Monographs: Selected Philosophical Papers Delivered at the PAP Conferences.
- Associate Editor, Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy (ISI-listed philosophy journal)
- Critical Thinking in this Time of Global Pandemic. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Volume 21, No. 2 (June 2020)
- The Philosophical Foundation of John Paul II’s Notions of Marriage and Unity of Man and Woman in His Theology of The Body. Philippiniana Sacra, Vol. LV – No. 164. January – April 2020.
- Catholic Education in the Philippines. Encyclopedia of Teacher Education, Living Edition, Published by Springer (2019) https://www.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1179-6_147- 1
- The Challenge of Secularization to the Christian Belief in God. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy Published by Philippine National Philosophical Research Society (2019)
- Sustainable Development and Integral Ecology: The Philippine Ecological Experience. (2018) Solidarity: The Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics Published by Notre Dame University, Australia
- Appropriation of Political Power in Contemporary Time. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Volume 19, No. 2 (May 2018). Pp. 219-230.
- Restoring Trust and Original Unity in the Family through Forgiveness
- Journal of Human Studies, Institute of Anthropology, Catholic University of Korea (2017)
- “Back to Nature and Moral-Spiritual Rediscovery: Lessons from Lao Tzu and St. Augustine on Human Conduct in Modern Society.” Kritike: An Online Journal of Philosophy, vol. 9, No. 1 (June, 2015), 96-107. ISSN: 1908-7330.
- “Ethics and Moral Philosophy of Karol Wojtyla.” Kritike: An On-line Journal of Philosophy , vol. seven, number 1. (June, 2013) (pp115-137) ISSN 1908-7330.
- Teaching: A Dialogical Relation for Continual Learning and Growth (2013) Proceedings of the XXIII World Congress of Philosophy Published by the Philosophy Documentation Center
- “Cultural Pluralism and Cultural Dialogue.” Overlapping Territories: Asian Voices on Culture and Civilization (ed. by Bambang Sugiharto & Roy Voragen. Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011), pp. 105-118. ISBN (10): 1-4438-2999-4, ISBN (13): 978-1-4438-2999-1.
- “The Notions of the Human Person and Human Dignity in Aquinas and Wojtyla.” Kritike: An Online Journal of Philosophy, vol. 3, No. 1 (2009) ISSN: 1908-7330.
- “Respect for Human Dignity and Inter-religious Dialogue: Keys to World Peace.” The Role of Religious and Philosophical Traditions in Promoting World Peace: An Asian Perspective, (edited by Imtiyaz Yusuf. Singapore: Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, 2007), pp. 91-104.
- Engaging Philosophical Traditions: Filipino Perspectives on Certain Philosophical Topics. A Selection of Papers Delivered at PAP Conferences. Vol. 2. Editor. Manila: Philosophical Association of the Philippines. 2007.
- Reflections on Some Contemporary Philosophical Issues. A Selection of Papers Delivered at PAP Conferences. Vol. 3. Editor. Manila: Philosophical Association of the Philippines. 2008.
- “Promoting Human Dignity in a Culture of Violence.” Philosophy, Culture and Traditions. Vol 3, 2005, p. 63.
- “Religious Pluralism and Freedom of Religion.” Journal of Dharma: International Quarterly of World Religions and Philosophies. Vol. 31, no. 1, Jan-Mar 2006
- “Preserving Asian Cultural Identities in the Face of Globalization.” Prajña Vihara: Journal of Philosophy and Religion, Vol. 7, No. 1 (Jan-Jun 2006) p. 123-150
- “The Incompatibility of God’s Existence and Human Freedom: Sartre’s Existential Atheism.” Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy. Vol. 36, no. 1 Jan. 2007.
- “Cultural Pluralism and Cultural Dialogue.” Melintas 23, no. 3 (December 2008): 369-83.