The University of Santo Tomas, in pursuit of truth, guided by reason and illumined by faith, dedicates herself to the generation, advancement, and transmission of knowledge to form competent and compassionate professionals committed to the service of the Church, the nation, and the global community.
I am a Thomasian. I carry the SEAL of Thomasian education. I am a Servant leader, an Effective communicator and collaborator, an Analytical and creative thinker, and a Lifelong learner. With Christ at the center of my formation as a Thomasian, I am expected to demonstrate the following Thomasian Graduate Attributes (ThoGAs):
- Show leadership abilities to promote advocacies for life, freedom, justice, and solidarity in the service of the family, the local and global communities, the Church, and the environment.
- Implement relevant projects and activities that speak of Christian compassion to the poor and the marginalized in order to raise their quality of life.
- Show respect for the human person, regardless of race, religion, age, and gender.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR AND COLLABORATOR
- Express myself clearly, correctly, and confidently in various environments, contexts, and technologies of human interaction.
- Work productively with individuals or groups from diverse cultures and demographics.
- Show profound respect for individual differences and/or uniqueness as members of God’s creation.
ANALYTICAL AND CREATIVE THINKER
- Show judiciousness and resourcefulness in making personal and professional decisions.
- Engage in research undertakings that respond to societal issues.
- Express personal and professional insights through an ethical and evidence-based approach.
- Engage in reflective practice to ensure disciplinal relevance and professional development.
- Exhibit preparedness and interest for continuous upgrading of competencies required by the profession or area of specialization.
- Manifest fidelity to the teachings of Christ, mediated by the Catholic Church, in the continuous deepening of faith and spirituality in dealing with new life situations and challenges.