VILLAFLORES, Oliver B.
Oliver B. Villaflores, PhD
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctor of Philosophy, Chung Yuan Christian University, 2012
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2005
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1997
- Discovery of secondary metabolites from Philippine plants with anti-diabetic activities
- Discovery of Philippine plant constituents that inhibit the formation of amyloid-beta plaques in brain of Zebra fish
- Discovery of both anti- and angiogenic agents from natural products
- Discovery of biologically active peptides from venoms of marine and land animals
- Isolation natural products
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Bioactive peptide isolation
- Member, Natural Product Society of the Philippines
- Antibacterial Activity and Concentration Dependent Modulation of Angiogenesis of the Saponins of Schefflera luzoniensis (Original Research Article) Covarrubias, J.L.A., Macabeo, A.P.G., Villaflores, O.B., Knorn, M., Kohls,P., and Bayquen, A.V. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 418-422. March-April 2015.
- Easy expression of the C-terminal heavy chain domain of botulinum neurotoxin serotype A as a vaccine candidate using a bi-cistronic baculovirus system (Original Research Article) Villaflores O.B., Hsie C.M., Teng C.Y., Chen Y. J., Wey J.J., Tsui P.Y., Shyu R.H., Tung K.L., Yeh J.M., Chiao D.J. and Wu T.Y. Journal of Virological Methods. 189(1): 58-64. April 2013.
- Effects of curcumin and demethoxycurcumin on amyloid-b precursor and tau proteins through the internal ribosome entry sites: A potential therapeutic for Alzheimer’s disease (Original Research Article) Villaflores O.B., Chen Y.J., Chen C.P., Yeh J.M., and Wu T.Y. Taiwanese Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 51(4): 554-564. December 2012.